• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Aeriis

Aeriis
1 year ago#1
So, recently I found out that MDX has passed away, I thought I'd let this board know because I remember a few people here were wondering what happened to him.

MDX was born in 1992, he had a pretty difficult home life and a bad relationship with his family. I think he started using GameFAQs around 2005? I met MDX in 2006 through an AIM chatroom called CEchat, made from the Current Events board. We became friends very quickly because we had similar hobbies and situations at home. At this point, MDX was pretending to be a girl, which I'm guessing is because he was struggling with his sexuality. In 2010, MDX stopped using the internet under that alias and I wondered for years about what happened to "her". I spent a lot of time trying to find her, but nothing really came up so I started posting on this board in case she decided to come here again.

In 2012, I met a user on this board named GeeEffAyeKews. He posted in one of my MDX topics. We added each other on AIM and became friends pretty quickly. He told me that he had been a regular on this board many years ago and that he had known MDX. I noticed he was very similar to MDX with his personality and hobbies, but I figured it was a coincidence because other details didn't add up, such as his location. GeeEff and I became pretty much best friends over the years, and we talked nearly everyday, played games together, watched movies/shows, etc.

GeeEff struggled pretty badly with depression and last month, he stopped signing on. I received a message from one of his friends, I guess he had given his friends my contact info to let me know if he were to pass away. I talked to his friends, both ones he knew IRL and online, for hours. During these conversations, I found out that GeeEff had lied to me about details that would connect him to being MDX, such as his last name and where he lived. He said he lived in Ohio but actually lived in Pennsylvania. He had also refused to tell me his last name over the years, which I'm guessing is because MDX's last name was posted on this board a few times.

Anyway, that's a lot and maybe doesn't make a lot of sense, but I spent a very long time wondering what happened to MDX and so I thought I'd let you guys know for closure, I guess. If any of that is confusing or you have any questions, let me know. He still browsed this board pretty frequently and would talk about it every so often, so I think you guys meant a lot to him!
That's awful. I am so sorry to hear this. :( I did not know the guy, but I had sure heard plenty about him. I guess we now know for sure what happened to him, for closure. GS10 and Stone Marker are gonna be especially crushed by this. Especially since they knew him after all. Thank you for letting us know.
The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror

Aeriis
1 year ago#3
goodgollyregina posted...
That's awful. I am so sorry to hear this. :( I did not know the guy, but I had sure heard plenty about him. I guess we now know for sure what happened to him, for closure. GS10 and Stone Marker are gonna be especially crushed by this. Especially since they knew him after all. Thank you for letting us know.
Yeah :( I wish I had known that he and MDX were the same person, then I could have let you guys know. But I think he was afraid that if I found out he had been keeping that from me, I wouldn't have wanted to be his friend anymore. I think he felt like it was "too late" to say anything.

User Info: Tutankoopa

Tutankoopa
1 year ago#4
I know I'm a little late to this topic, but I didn't know that MDX passed away. :( Unfortunately, I haven't talked to her since 2006/2007 , but haven't forgotten about them nevertheless. I never realized that MDX was actually a guy. Based on the details you posted, they both sound like the same person because I remember MDX living in Pennsylvania as well. I didn't realize he actually still visited this site after all these years. I know I gave him my old Podoboo account back in 2007 and haven't heard from him since. Thank you for letting us know.
Baltimore Orioles: 3-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 8-8
Why Not? 2012 | 2014
(edited 1 year ago)

Aeriis
1 year ago#5
Hey REO! Yeah, it's kind of a crazy/sad story. :( Thank you for believing me about it. If anyone wants any proof or to see how I found out, let me know since I feel like it is a lot to think that someone you knew was someone different entirely

User Info: goldensonic10

goldensonic10
1 year ago#6
I rarely check topics in here and I'm sorry I haven't seen this earlier.
That's a lot to take in. I'm so sorry for you loss Aeriis.
Something special should be here, but I guess it's lost between the rubble!

Aeriis
1 year ago#7
goldensonic10 posted...
I rarely check topics in here and I'm sorry I haven't seen this earlier.
That's a lot to take in. I'm so sorry for you loss Aeriis.
It's okay, thank you

Hope you're doing well!

User Info: goodgollyregina

goodgollyregina
4 weeks ago#8
*Bump*

With the visitor log finally closed, a new thread will presumably be started soon. With that, we will be at a new purge rate. I figure you guys would like to keep this thread alive to continue to commemorate MDX.

Carry on.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Tutankoopa

Tutankoopa
4 weeks ago#9
Sorry, couldn't resist closing out the old visitor log! I hope that visitor log doesn't hang around for too long, but know the current purge it will be there 6+ months. Silly GameFAQs and their outdated rules all these years later. ^_~
Baltimore Orioles: 3-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 8-8
Why Not? 2012 | 2014
Yeah, shame on you! I had that last post! XD;;; I was wondering why my post wouldn't go through due to a locked thread. In which you stated a completely false fact FYI. ^_~ And the close out post was a really good one too. Oh well, I quasi recreated it in the new thread. ^_~ And yes, the old visitor log will technically remain untouched for the next six months. Stupid site and their stupid ass rules. ^_~
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A