• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tiger-Heli
  3. Track on repeat?

User Info: ThatDarnCat

ThatDarnCat
10 years ago#1
Awwww, Tiger Heli was one of my all-time favorite shooters as a kid, & I recently just got back into playing it with the conviction that I was going to finally sit down & beat it. Unfortunately, as a kid, I wasn't good enough to ever get very far, and therefore never realized that the game is basically just set on loop over & over again so that it has no real end or true boss fights.

What a shame. This could easily have remained one of my favorite epic shooters, that is, if it actually had some level progression. It's still fun for some old nostalgic goodness. But other than that, there's not much to it except for blasting mugs with the double heli combo.

I guess in the old days of the NES, it just slipped the minds of some developers to actually put an ending in to a game.

User Info: olskoolgamer

olskoolgamer
10 years ago#2
Yeah man, no ending...it's kind of a bummer. I just found out about the loop thing too myself. I still love this game though. Some old NES games are like that though...they still have that old arcade and Atari mentality where story progression was just a novelty and racking up a high score was really the point of the game. The little back story on the box or in the manual was just provided to get the imagination going and get the player into the idea of the game. Bragging rights were earned by getting the highest score, and not by "completing" the game. Still a very enjoyable game though if it's appreciated for what it is.
Scream Bloody Gore!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Tiger-Heli
  3. Track on repeat?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Still Fun TodayBrutus919310/19/2019

GameFAQs Q&A