• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  3. Shout outs to those able to beat the Dam with a minute or more left on the timer
ThEBMaN 4 years ago#1
Topic. I have occasionally been able to beat the dam with a minute or more left on the timer while rushing through and letting all of my turtles take extensive damage. It's no bigs as there is a place to farm pizza at the beginning of the next area. I did it again today with exactly one minute left, and could have definitely saved another 5 to 10 seconds if I had taken a couple sharper turns, not touched any walls or waited for the electricity at a couple.

I always feel pretty accomplished when I do this, just another thing I love about this game. It may actually be pretty common to be able to do, I have no idea. Anyone else able to have a +1 Minute timeframe left on the clock at the end?
"HAVE YOU.... OR HAVE YOU NOT.... HEARD.... ABOUT.... THE BIRD?"
skater43 4 years ago#2
Are you kidding? I consider myself lucky if I beat the dam period. :) I have gotten better at it over the years and can now beat it in one go, but my prior strategy was to skip one of the early bombs, clear out all the rest, sacrifice one of the turtles (usually Raph since I don't use him much for the regular stages), then grab the last bomb on the restart. Would then require me to rescue said turtle in stage 3, but I was usually game overing about that point anyway. Made it to stage 4 a few times now, but that's as far as I've gotten. One of these days I'll sit down with this and seriously see about finishing it (one of three NES games I own that I've never beaten. Battletoads and Castlevania 3 are the other two, and CV3 is what I'm actually currently working on).
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"
  1. Boards
  2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  3. Shout outs to those able to beat the Dam with a minute or more left on the timer
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A