• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shatterhand
  3. Attempt to play through this.

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#61
Oh no. :( Is the save just not loading, or the game itself, or where's the issue? Hopefully, it was just a glitch today and it'll be working normally tomorrow.

Sandman - we're playing via an online emulator, rather than a downloadable one, and off-hand, I don't know what they used as their basis. Prolly FCEUX or one of it's derivatives. The IoG issue she alluded to was on another site that basically fell into a state of disrepair (though it may be being worked on again), so this is the first time we've had this issue on this site. I just checked and my save loaded just fine, so if there was a problem with the game/site, it may be fixed at this point. As I said, hopefully it was just a glip in the system, albeit a frustrating and annoying one, but not a permanent problem.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#62
Good Morning GFers, I hope you got decent rest. Me.. about to sack out.

My issue with the file happened after I beat Infernon. As soon as he burst into see ya wouldn't wanna be yaness my game went totally black all 3 times. However, you could still hear the music. So I was thinking maybe it was a part of the game. However, after waiting and waiting with no change, I accepted the game was glitched. Anyway partner, let me know how your battle with him goes. You know I'll be ticked if yours continues. I even cleared the cache and restarted the comp and still the same black screen after beating him.

And ska you do recall they had the same problem with IoG as GO.Com. I would suppose all such sites have these issues but when they refuse to rectify them that says something about their dedication to their patrons.

Anyway, I'm out!
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
3 years ago#63
Sorry to hear about your woes GT.

So I finally have Area G down pat and came within a hair of beating the final boss. Tonight I'll practice more and hopefully be able to make the last video for this game.

Shatterhand has proven to be an excellent game, perhaps the best game I've played since doing these reviews. It would be nice if it were a bit longer and had some kind of story, but I always take quality over quantity and a game doesn't need a story to be fun.

Anyway good luck sorting things out! You two missed out with IoG, it's a unique game.
I am Error. Check out my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCApMBqrP3fY1s6AiqQ3yTug?

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#64
Hi GFers, how is your Thursday going so far? Yeah, same here. :)

Thanks funk, I appreciate that. Not sure what my next move will be if the game isn't working today. I have something to do for a bit before firing her up. Meh... others have had gaming issues on that and other sites so why would G_T be immune to such.

As for IoG, I was almost as deep iin that game went it stopped playing. You know, there is a master of all.. so I bow to Him.

It's good to know you appreciate this find. :) That's why I hope the other site get's back up to snuff. So what that Nintendo put a DMCA on some of their games. The site has thousands of games. Thousands of gems.

HAGO everybody... :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

funkadelius
3 years ago#65
Well, I beat Shatterhand last night. Sorry for not waiting for you guys, but I have to keep moving along.

If you can't get the game working and wish to see the ending here's the video I made (just beware I got frustrated on one section and started cursing like a sailor):

https://youtu.be/fI2DbahybBw

Great game, just wish it had another level or two and some kind of story.

Have a great Friday! TGIF amiright?

skater43
3 years ago#66
Not a good couple of days for Shatterhand on the site we've been using. First G_T's game froze and now my save has been lost. :( However, I've enjoyed this game so want to pick it up again and attempt to beat it again, this time on a regular emulator. Hoping since I've been through most of the game before, I'll be able to get through it fairly quickly this go-round. Gone this weekend, but I'll fire it up either Monday or Tuesday. So, G_T, if you'd like to start charging through it this weekend, I'll catch up when I get back. Or skip it and move onto something else, whatever you'd like to do.

Meanwhile, have a good all and I'll see you guys Monday.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

funkadelius
3 years ago#67
I'll check back here in case you two get to finish it. Been playing Arena the past day or so. Been struggling to play it for a month now; the game is good, but the user interface is terrible.

Well, have a good weekend.

skater43
3 years ago#68
Having a much easier go of it this second time around. Made it to the second part of Area C before I died for the first time, and just got my first game over in the second part of Area D trying to get up to the health restorer. Last time, I had a heck of a time getting up there, too, but at least I wasn't taking damage so could try several times with no cost. This time, I wasn't so lucky and hit some of the spikes and died. But I fully expect the next couple of days to be back to where we were in Area G and maybe see about finishing this bad boy up by the weekend.

funkadelius
3 years ago#69
skater43 posted...
Having a much easier go of it this second time around. Made it to the second part of Area C before I died for the first time, and just got my first game over in the second part of Area D trying to get up to the health restorer. Last time, I had a heck of a time getting up there, too, but at least I wasn't taking damage so could try several times with no cost. This time, I wasn't so lucky and hit some of the spikes and died. But I fully expect the next couple of days to be back to where we were in Area G and maybe see about finishing this bad boy up by the weekend.

Awesome!

So I figured I'd check out the source material for this game and found some inspirational music to help you and GT rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULAHPdghnVA

Makes me want to watch the show, kind of reminds me of a cross between the Power Rangers and the live action Guyver movies.

skater43
3 years ago#70
Amazing, and a little scary sometimes, what the Japanese come up. Definitely going to have to see about finding an episode or two of that to watch.

Meanwhile, cranking right along. Made it back to Area G and haven't game overed again. Poor planning/timing on the boss of F in that I only had a few seconds left of the super suit when I went up against the boss. Should have held off getting the third letter until the box right there by the health refill/boss teleport. Also died on the elevator because I forgot I wanted BAB for this stage, not my usual ABB. Areas D and E were nothing big. Took a bit of damage from the falling rocks, but I at least knew they were coming so could look for safe spots to stand, so that did help this go round. Super suit ran out just before I got to the boss teleport in D, but that boss isn't too big a deal without it. ABB bouncing shots off walls is a big help. And the boss of E I absolutely destroyed this time. Got in close and punched the heck out of it and it was dead after only hitting me once or twice. No idea why I had a harder time with it before. Guess last time I was more cautious or something. Anyway, later this afternoon or tomorrow we'll see about making our way through G. First part I've been through, up to the first boss refight, but after that, it'll be all new stuff, so we'll see how it goes.
  1. Boards
  2. Shatterhand
  3. Attempt to play through this.
  • Topic Archived