• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Shatterhand
  3. Attempt to play through this.

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#51
Good Evening GameFAQsers, I hope you all enjoyed a peachy kind of Pink Monday. mine... up and down. However, that's me any given day. :)

I see my trekking partner has been kind enough to not post yet as to his experience with the boss of Area . Probably in deference to me as usual in this game. Thank you P. :)

For me this was a rocky round, a round that had me twisted and turned. Where to begin. Well sir, (sorry too much "O Brother, Where Art Thou?") the area began in such a way as to give a hint to the trauma causing scenes that awaited you. Yep! : The falling bombs in the first scenes were easy enough to avoid until you had to kill a shield bearer. However working fast usually got the job done and you through unscathed. In the shaft next, I had to avoid one gunman the other I made cry "Uncle" before killing. I did get all the boxes in that first stage... yay!

Hitting the floor and being confronted by, blue knights on blue steeds??? Now where have I seen that before? Hmm... Anyway, they posed little to no problem. I was gold seeking so I took my time killing them over and over until I got the big bucks. :D So almost done with this part of the area just a few minor annoyances Oh wait now, pump your breaks. Fences and fire , oh my... fences and fire, oh my! So here is where I was getting eaten alive, until my trekking partner clued me in. That wasn't so bad. However, as I began the next part of Area F, things started getting a bit dicey, especially as skater43 and I switched up our bots from A-B-B to B-A-B. Hmm, I still wonder if the A-B-B- bot would have been equally as good in there(elevator).

Anyway, I managed to do a jump shot to kill the overhead generator with this new Boomerang Bot. Getting in close was causing damage to my bot... so the jump and shoot. I also managed to kill the first of the knight/steeds before stepping onto the elevator. And killed the missile generator under the elevator barely before we got off the ground. After a try or two (with reloads - thanks funk) I finally got to the top, and to the translator on Sunday. So skater43 and I agreed to take on the boss on Monday. We did! He can tell you how he did, as for me. I died, like it was Groundhog's Day. Finally exasperated, I shut the game down and took a breather. .

I'll get back later with the rest of the story.
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
3 years ago#52
That boss is a mean one. This game has a fairly good difficulty curve until you reach him, because he is so much more powerful than the other bosses. Sandman was very right to recommend using the suit. I did it in my video and it worked wonders.

Now into the final stage. I won't spoil things, but take your time here and watch how you position yourself in relation to enemies.

As for me, I haven't finished the game yet. Hopefully I'll be able to tonight or tomorrow, but I'm not sure, since I have a lot to do.
I am Error. Check out my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCApMBqrP3fY1s6AiqQ3yTug?

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#53
Howdy GFers, another wet one in the DMV... oh to will some of this all the way west to Cali; oh to will it. So how are things in your neck of the world?

Hello funkadelius, ha yew! Don't you just love mountain folk? Well now, I should spoiler this but I won't. Don't go against the boss of Area F - Infernon without benefit of the Invincibility Bot. I made that mistake first time around. Thaaaat's right, he wore me down to the razor's edge and I got out.

Now I would guess that if you get to Infernon with a full compliment of players you might be able to punch your way out. Hoooowever, please take some agility with you. That thing will keep you hoping and it is very agile.

So It took some doing and an act from above to get my patootie up to the transport the first time. I had a great save, unfortunately I had only 3 life bars. So my frustration got the better of me. But some how I found myself on one reload, back at the stage just after the overhead generator and before the elevator. There I had 7 life bars. *shrugs* Don't ask, just appreciate. Thank you! And In the 2nd restart of the area, I again found myself in an untenable situation and the same thing happened, I was put back at a place where I could afford to play my game with more life. Again, I don't know. Thank you.

So up the elevator I went again, and thankful that after a few reloads I managed to reach the last section with my two blocks B-A and my bot. Yay! So now I am in the position of taking the Invincible bot into Infernon's chamber. And I did. And with the Invincibility, yep, he killed me again. But, I headed back in knowing what to expect. I stood my ground and wore him down like first grader's eraser at the end of the day. Wait, are pencils still used? Meh

You know, I have a tendency to replay a game as soon as I complete it. This one... I dunno. Yes, I'm used to it by now, but still.

Manual: http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/manuals/nes/shatterhand.shtml

You guys enjoy your day. funk. skater43, sandmanodarkdreams, gamemaster712, lllluuurkers...
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#54
Nice job finishing off that boss. Having the souped up suit really made a difference. I went after the boss hard and fast, just kept wailing on him and finished him off in seconds. Tried a couple of times without the suit and while successful, it was a lot harder and I came close to dying myself. Turns out I was actually on my last life, so had I died with the suit, I would have had to do the level over. But, he's totally destroyed, so onto Area G.

Area F itself had some tricky spots. Mentioned my fun on the elevator and my new best buddy bot a few posts ago, but part 1 caused a few game overs as well. At the beginning, I found it faster and easier to just jump over the shield guys, rather than try to take them out while dodging the missiles. Unfortunately, in part because of skipping those enemies, I found money hard to come by. Made it to the health refill near the end of part 1 a few times without enough money to refill my life. Which was unfortunate because some of the upcoming jumps on and off the fence, going over/under the flames while taking out some enemies made it real easy to lose life, and not being full to start with was definitely a hindrance. However, here's where having multiple lives paid off: go through on the first life getting as far as I can, but collecting what money I could. Then, when I died and had to start at the beginning again, I'd have enough money by the time I got to the health refill to be able to afford to use it. Then I just had to get through the elevator/part 2. Easier said then done, as G_T can attest to, but doable (as seen by the fact that we did both succeed). So, today, tomorrow, I guess we'll see what Area G has to offer.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

funkadelius
3 years ago#55
Infernon is a pain, I can't beat him in a fair fight and have to use the super suit. I think it's because, I reflexively run away from him when he jumps, which results in me getting pinned.

Anyway, I explored G a bit more today, and well, I guess I'll tag this... so there's a lot of precise jumping and fence grabbing required. On top of that you get to fight Infernon again, but at least there's no hazards. The ABB bot has proved useful here with all the walls and corridors you can send shots bouncing through. It took a few tries, but I beat Infernon and then promptly died on an electric grid outside of his room. oh well, at least I gained some ground.

Grats on beating Area F you two.

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#56
So funk did you beat "Infernon" without your Invincibility? Well done to you and skater43 in that case. I tried like the dickens for about 8-10 times but never even saw signs of its weakening. *Shrug* I merely squated and pounded on him until he jumped out, leaving me in a blaze or something.

sodd is there a safe place in the final area where if you Game Over, you can restart from there instead of going back to the beginning of the area? I think that "G" brings back all bosses doesn't it?

Anyway, I took Tuesday off from Shatterhand, but will most likely get back in the saddle today.

You guys and dolls get great rest. :)

funkadelius
3 years ago#57
GT, I tried to beat Infernon without the invincible suit and got him down to flashing a few times, but never managed to kill him. I try to do things as logically as possible and planning things out to get the suit just before the boss seemed like the best solution.

The encounter with Infernon in Area G is much easier, but it will still be worse to grab the suit just before fighting him.

I'll probably dedicate some time to Shatterhand tonight, maybe I'll be able to beat this SOB of a game this time. It's great fun though.

Have a good day all!

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#58
Howdy GFers, any hUMps blocking your path today. Well heck! Get over them!

You know, the way I play I leave myself open to site problems. It happened with Illusion of Gaia and now it's happened with Shatterhand. My hope is however, that a refiring of the game with fix this one.

I got to "Area G's" Infernon with full health, Bounce Bot Invincibility, and 3 players. I defeated the fiend and the game screen went black. Okay, let's do this again. And again, the same thing occurred. SO now I have set the game away from a while. When I go back if it doesn't give me that win, the roar you'll hear will most likely be Golden _Torizo.

Enjoy the rest of your evening... :)

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#59
Did you hear me scream??? Well you should have! Darnit! The freaking game is glitched!

skater43 can you believe it? Again almost completing a game and it stalls.
Thats a pretty odd thing you have happening Golden. I assume you are emulating? If so what emulator are you using? If you are loading from the same save state I wonder if thats the issue. I've heard the rare instance of bad rom dumps causing something like this, so perhaps you might want to check and see if thats the case. Beyond that the only other thing I can think of is something weird happening with the save state loading.
  1. Boards
  2. Shatterhand
  3. Attempt to play through this.
  • Topic Archived