• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shatterhand
  3. Directive: Sol Brain

User Info: Varia_Shell

Varia_Shell
9 years ago#1
When I first played this game, It was called Sol Brain. The moment I started playing, I was taken away by it's musical score and the grapgics. There was no doubt in my mind that this game was going to be kick-ass!

The weapon system is unique as well, using a small changing robot pod that varies depending on the items one picks up. I had no Idea that the little thing had so much power; Laser, Flamethrower, Bouncing shots, a projectile that flies around like a boomerang, a defensive mechanic, but also, the function that allows one to fly upward! (And did I mentin that it too can be thrown? awesome.)

The game itself has a bit of that Konami feel to it. Not [exactly] in the music, but in the gameplay.
This is definitely one of my new favorites! Now if only it were possible to nudge nintendo to allow this for download soon...
My videos may be related to the post above in some way. Chech em' out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/KesorodaBlk

User Info: Varia_Shell

Varia_Shell
9 years ago#2
I recently did some searching around, and I found out that Sol Brain is the Japanese version, while Sol Brain was (intended?) for the US. a few small differences include that there is no intro for Shatterhand, unlike Sol Brain, which also has a cool sewuence (See below.) You're just thrown into the game! And the Amusement Park mission was replaced with one that takes place in a Submarine. (Hmm...)

The intro to Sol brain shows a little something, what with the protagonist suiting up in his cybernetic suit after a briefing about the pod mech unit, but Shatterhand only shows a sequence of the main character (who is a completely different guy, btw) shielding himself from gunfire, then rushing the minion and clobbering his metal face in at mach speed! (Note the speedlines.)

Neither, unfortunately, show any real story and don't even clue in to what's going on. Who's the main guy? Who's he working for? What are they out to stop, and why? Are we playing as the bad guys or what?

Even though these questions aren't answered (not to my knoledge), the game itself has plenty to offer in gameplay/replay value due to it's challenge. It's not easy, but not too difficult either!
Overall, I'd give this game a 7/10
My videos may be related to the post above in some way!
http://www.youtube.com/user/KesorodaBlk
  1. Boards
  2. Shatterhand
  3. Directive: Sol Brain
  • Topic Archived