• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: KyonKuchiki

KyonKuchiki
7 years ago#1
No save states/emulators or cheats, beat the game straight through on the console tonight! So liberating, a piece of my childhood can be laid to rest.
Homer: Hello, Domino's? What do you mean you're not open! No, you call ME back during business hours! I'll show YOU who's a recorded message!

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
7 years ago#2
That's great! Especially since I don't exactly call this an easy game. It might be up there with the NES Mario games...just not as long.

When you said you went all the way through, did you do it without any continues? I could probably beat it, but it's been so long, I'm sure that I may be so rusty that a few continues would be needed. lol
I don't brake when I see brake lights---I go around....

KyonKuchiki
7 years ago#3
Had to use continues unfortunately. Stage 3 and 6 with their auto scrolling took me a few tries. Though surprisingly I didn't die once on Nightmare Land. I was expecting to die a few times in part 2 and once or twice against the Nightmare King.
Homer: Hello, Domino's? What do you mean you're not open! No, you call ME back during business hours! I'll show YOU who's a recorded message!

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
7 years ago#4
Dreams 3, 5, and 8 always gave me lots of trouble. I'm sure I could beat it again after all this time, but I'd be interested to see how many continues it would take. I used to mess with the Dream Select cheat, and it help me become better at some of the later levels far quicker, but like you, I prefer to not use cheats and go all the way through the dreams.
The ocean floor has dropped. Ryu gives up on entering the sea.

KyonKuchiki
7 years ago#5
I'm considering making an LP video of this game some day.

User Info: Mjollnirfalls

Mjollnirfalls
7 years ago#6
Congrats on beating it. I actually just finished the game myself, so I know the feeling! Man, this game felt impossible when I was a kid, but I found it quite manageable now, if a little annoying at parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQpbGlFeQHE
Dragon Spirit intro cover, by my band, Galda's Revenge.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A