• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gradius
  3. When do you input the continue code?

User Info: HyperIria

HyperIria
1 year ago#1
I've tried inputting it when the Game Over message is onscreen but nothing happens. I've also tried inputting it at the title screen after I return, but that doesn't work either. When specifically do you input the code?
HyperIria
Hunter 9799-5

User Info: sacrifice02

sacrifice02
10 months ago#2
At the game over screen, input the code quickly. I had trouble with this one for a bit at first also. What I was doing was repeating b, a, b, a, b, a ,b, a over and over not keeping track of how many presses I input. If you do the b, a exactly four times without pressing start, you will continue.

HyperIria
10 months ago#3
So when the words 'Game Over' appear?
HyperIria
Hunter 9799-5

User Info: sacrifice02

sacrifice02
10 months ago#4
Correct. And I doubt it because it's obvious but make sure you don't have turbo on or anything to that effect on.

User Info: skater43

skater43
8 months ago#5
I was having trouble with it, too, but have gotten decently consistent at it. What I've found, and why I think I was having trouble before, is you have to enter the code and only the code. So if you do too many B A combos or press start or think you entered the code wrong so try again, it won't work. The hard part is having patience after inputting the code to let the game continue without getting antsy to try the code again or press Start or anything. Also means that you need to be careful after you lose your last life to not press/be pressing any buttons so that you can put the code in. Also think I was panicking/trying to put the code in too quickly. You don't have a lot of time to input it, but enough time to be deliberate and make sure you get all the button presses in. Beat Gradius 2 a couple of days ago and was hesitant to jump into Gradius 1 because I was having trouble getting the continue code in consistently. But now that I've gotten it working, think I'm going to make a go of this (made it to Stage 3 so far).
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

HyperIria
8 months ago#6
Much appreciated.
HyperIria
Hunter 9799-5
  1. Boards
  2. Gradius
  3. When do you input the continue code?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A