• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Faxanadu
  3. Has nobody ever noticed this?

User Info: Discomaster

Discomaster
8 years ago#1
I played this game a lot when I was a kid, and I always pushed to get the highest level I could straight off the bat, and not just because of the extra golds you get when you die...

No guide mentions this, unless I skimmed through too quickly and maybe it has, I don't know, but one thing I've noticed about this game is that, in the beginning, your characters movement acceleration is very slow. If you're standing still, and you begin to walk, you walk very slowly and then pick up pace. When you progress through the levels, this acceleration time decreases until the highest rank where going from standing still to moving goes from 0 to max... No acceleration at all, just straight speed. I find this very useful, at least back when I used to play it. Has this never been noticed before?

User Info: aeepahzieoi

aeepahzieoi
8 years ago#2
Oh, yes, certainly. It's a cool little feature.

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
8 years ago#3
I honestly never noticed that, but I tend to keep my level low so I can have more Wing Boots time.
http://i.imgur.com/vnaJD.gif

aeepahzieoi
8 years ago#4
Yeah, that's always been a decision that I considered whenever I played this game. More wingboot time, or faster movement speed? I usually go with the fast movement. Grinding is rather pleasant in this game, so it's ok.

HylianFox
8 years ago#5
oh I still grind for gold and such, I just don't visit gurus to make the level official.
http://i.imgur.com/dTLt2.png

aeepahzieoi
8 years ago#6
It's actually a little fun to grind in a spot where you get free items. It seems to have something to do with getting a good rhythm going.
Remind you of anything?

HylianFox
8 years ago#7
My favorite grind spot is below the Sky Fountain, with those jumping thingies and the hooded mages. Can make tons of money and get free Red Potions to boot.
A topic by any other title would be just as pointless.

aeepahzieoi
8 years ago#8
I like that one too.
The first fortress has a nice early grind. The two screens after the first ladder with those two run and jump guys.
Yet another one is somewhere in the mist world on a screen where the wing boots appear. Near the fortress that has the Black Onyx.
  1. Boards
  2. Faxanadu
  3. Has nobody ever noticed this?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A