You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Am I Stifling My Fighter

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
1 month ago#31
Hello DW III NES Gamers,

@skater43 @Darkwing Duck thank you both for the info. Really I don't know why I want Chaos so much anyway, it's not like it helps you to defeat the Metals. I have had maybe three encounters with MB; one was productive, and a lot more with MS about 60 % netted me EXP and with a group of 3 about (5% of the time I got only 1 of them, 40 % I got two,. maybe twice I got the entire group of 3. With four forget it. My team is not yet strong enough to kill with one hit unless it is a Crit. Even with BiKill they can't muster the strength to overpower them. Of course my faster member is faster than my faster caster.

The MS just lol when I throw 500 Gold in Moth Powder at them. They lol as they're fleeing.

Does anyone know around what level they, MB & MS, can be one hit killed?

Thanks again... hago :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: Pre_PHD_Lee

Pre_PHD_Lee
4 weeks ago#32
Unlike Dragon Warrior I and II, Metal Babbles and Metal Slimes cannot be one-hit killed in this game without a critical hit. You can't ever do more than 1 point of damage with a regular physical attack.

The good news is that they have fewer HP than they do in Dragon Warrior II. I think Metal Slimes have 3-4 HP and Metal Babbles have 6-8 or so, so a full party has a decent enough chance to beat one if everyone attacks one.

I forgot to mention this before, and it may be too late for you now if you did a class change, but the poison needle is also excellent for killing metal enemies. It never misses--you always get that one point of damage no matter what, and it has a 1/8 chance of killing the enemy outright. But only a wizard can equip it.

Golden_Torizo
4 weeks ago#33
Hi Gamers, please tell me about the spell, Curse-off. Is it the same as going to a town's religious elder? Can it remove the curse from the Golden Claw???

Thanks... hago
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: skater43

skater43
4 weeks ago#34
Yes, it is the same as seeing the elder. Because the golden claw can be un-equipped, it is not "cursed" as far as the game is concerned. So the only way to remove the effects is to remove the claw from your party.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

Golden_Torizo
4 weeks ago#35
skater43 posted...
Yes, it is the same as seeing the elder. Because the golden claw can be un-equipped, it is not "cursed" as far as the game is concerned. So the only way to remove the effects is to remove the claw from your party.

Hi again @skater43, how are you today? Sad news in the religious world... The Cathedral of Notre Dame is most likely by now a total loss to fire. Truly awdul!

BoT: So now skater, you know how I am with words. The info in list about the spell says, "Removes a curse from you" not from an item. So now, is the team ever cursed as a whole or individually so that they need to be healed?

Thanks... hago :(

skater43
4 weeks ago#36
Doing well, thanks. How about you?

The only way to be cursed in this game is to equip a cursed piece of equipment (Noh mask comes to mind, which confuses the wearer. As noted above, the golden claw is not considered cursed). It's possible I suppose to have the whole team cursed, if they each wore a piece of cursed equipment, but that would be four individuals cursed, not the team. As such, curse removal is also an individual thing (and I believe once an item has been uncursed, you lose it). I don't know if there is any in-game indication of an item being cursed (merchant's appraise ability?), but there are very few cursed items in the game, so you're generally fine equipping whatever you find.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

Golden_Torizo
4 weeks ago#37
@skater43 Silver- tongued devil you. So the wording is off. Okay... And someone mentioned the very low HP of MB and MS. Yeah they're both less than 7 but that doesn't stop them from being even more devious than in DW II NES. And I can't do much in the way of manipulating them by changing up the commands. I got into 3 battles with MB and each time it took off before the second member could attack.

Why was I thrilled to get Lightning spell. Yuck!

What do you guys say about the Seeds? Is using them more of a detriment than help. Word on the street is that they detract from the abilities given to the team via leveling. However, you can manipulate the upgrades done via leveling if you can save and reload. It's tedious as heck, but yeah! I think some of you already know this.

What's wild about leveling esp the tanks is the amount of HP they can be given. I think the highest yet is 22 HP. Then sometimes they get zilch.

I have the Green and Yellow Orbs. My team have Iron Masks, Iron Helm, Dragon Killers, Zombie Slasher, and Iron (Golden)Claw. I have the Orochi Sword. I had to punch Hiromi(sp) in the throat a couple of times but I got it.

Can I get to the Jail in the Island from the Arc Shrine below Greenlad? It has two exits both lead outside but to water.

Thanks ladies and gents... hago

Golden_Torizo
4 weeks ago#38
Hi GW III NES Gamers, enjoy the holiday weekend.

Invisible Spell. Does it work with the Metals? I mean, does it, and other spells like Zap, Beat, Defeat, will they ever work, even 1/100?

Thanks... hago...Just moseying along before the next move. My team is in the low 40s, Sage low 30s.

Guys, tell me about DW IV NES. I will likely do that next just to complete the NES. That will complete it, right?

skater43
4 weeks ago#39
Do you mean can you cast Invisible in an area with a lot of metals and get a first strike, since they won't be able to see you? Sorry, the spell doesn't work that way. It only makes you invisible to people/NPCs, not monsters. There's an invisibility herb in the game as well, but that likewise doesn't fool monsters.

I beat DW4 once and I didn't think much of it. It's on my "one of these days play through it again" list, just to give it a second shake (especially since I owe the cart now, albeit the Japanese version. @x_loto how about translating that script as well? :) ). Storywise, it has nothing to do with the first three games and actually sets off a second trilogy continued in DQ5 and 6 for the Super Famicom (have been fan translated and ported to more modern systems like the DS). DW4 was the first game in the series to introduce team AI, where you don't directly control your other party members in battle (maybe? Later games did have a "follow orders" command, where you could input their actions, but I don't think DW4 had that), but use various party styles like "use no MP", "go all out", "think defense", and the other party members will attack/cast spells accordingly. Takes a little getting used to, and "use no MP" was my usual setting, just to conserve MP (which I usually didn't end up using anyway, but that's my usual method of play for RPGs). Story and all was okay, it starts off with four relatively short chapters introducing various characters and then chapter 5, everyone comes together to take on the main evil baddie. As I said, I'll give it another shot one of these days, but haven't done so yet (but it was 15+ years between Chrono Trigger plays and I eventually gave that one a second chance, too, so there's a chance for this one as well). But yes, DW1-4 were the only DW/DQ games released for the NES/Famicom.

User Info: Roundman

Roundman
4 weeks ago#40
I think Dragon Warrior 4 is a great game, but it differs from Dragon Warrior 3 in many ways. It is much more story focused than Dragon Warrior 3, has defined characters you get to know through the Chapter system, and has a fifth chapter where you pull together all the character.

I think in many ways Dragon Warrior 4 is superior to DW 3, but DW 3 has more customization and replay value.

We had a lengthy discussion about the two games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/563409-dragon-warrior-iv/76455856
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Am I Stifling My Fighter