You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Am I Stifling My Fighter

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
1 month ago#1
Hi DW III Gamers, how's it going?

So I'm trying to do this run of DW III to completion this time. My four member team consists of Hero, Soldier, Pilgrim, and Fighter.

Around the second shop I bought Copper Swords for everyone. Before then I noticed that Fighter's HP seemed to never change. I have her in last place. At L -9 her stats are: STR 37; AGI 41; VIT 26; INT 9; LCK 23; MHP 50; ATT 31; DEF 30. Is that about right or is her having the sword working against her?

I saw in a walk that Fighter only uses claws. Why do they tempt me? Don't they know! With what should I attire her? I want her always at her max.

Thanks all... hago :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck
1 month ago#2
If I remember right, equipping non-claws reduce attack power.

Only claws for fighters.

50 HP sounds about right for level 9. Almost seems high in my memory.
Let's get Dangerous.

User Info: Pre_PHD_Lee

Pre_PHD_Lee
1 month ago#3
Having a sword shouldn't affect the HP, but I think you'll find it is negatively affecting her Attack Power, like Darkwing said.

Until reading this I forgot the fighter could even equip this. Any non-claw weapon that a Fighter equips actually lowers attack power.

Use bare hands until you get the iron claw, which you'll probably want to keep as her weapon for the rest of the game.

Golden_Torizo
1 month ago#4
Hello, how's it going?

Thanks to both of you. I get her a claw in the next town I think it was. Good for likely the rest o the game. Well, I heard on the street there is a claw that is somewhat detrimental to her. It cause her to be smothered with enemy attacks or lessens his attacks... something. A claw that must be a dropped item.

So just dropped by Romaly with the Crown so off I go.

Anyway, thank you... hago :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 month ago#5
The golden claw is found in a chest in an upcoming dungeon. Greatly increases your fighter's attack power, but also greatly increases the encounter rate (every step? Every few steps?). A hassle if you're trying to get somewhere/get through a dungeon, but useful for grinding. Late game metal babble hunting or the tower near Dharma with metal slime groups come to mind. So most people collect the golden claw, then stash it in the vault in Aliahan until such time that it is needed. Or you can sell it for a bunch of money and just stick with iron claws.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: Roysgonnabeatu

Roysgonnabeatu
1 month ago#6
Sounds like you need to remember the old "parry" trick. Have the 1st 3 members of your squad parry then back up to the 1st guy again and fight as normal. In doing this the first 3 guys get the reduced dmg of parrying and yet also fight. When running this trick it's best to have hero as last member of party because he/she will have to take full dmg.

User Info: Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck
1 month ago#7
100/256 encounter rate, if memory serves, with Golden Claw.
Let's get Dangerous.

Golden_Torizo
1 month ago#8
Hi DW III NES Gamers, how's it going?

I never knew the "Old Parry Trick." Willing to be taught though.

So I do have the Golden Claw in my possession. It is with a sidelined member back in the cafe. Saves on Gold storage.

At the moment I have a query. The enemy Catula is listed as having a spell called "Dance". Is this by any chance the same as that Jig done by the "Puppet Man" in DW II NES? Will it sap me of MP? :(

Thank you... hago :)

Okay something else just came up. IN RE EXP: Is it likely that I could get shafted on EXP for some reason. Or did someone likely incorrectly list the amount of an enemy's EXP?

Demonite EXP 134
Slime Snail EXP 000
StingWing EXP 220

I should have gotten at least 354. Why did I get only 159?

OMGoodness! Is the Bestiary FAQs in here correct? If it is, yes, someone please explain to me EXP. The EXP from Slime Snail and Stingwing are both more than I just picked up. The Bestiary say it is for NES. I got only 14+ EXP for Metal Slimes.
(edited 1 month ago)

Golden_Torizo
1 month ago#9
Sorry that;s 1400+ for killing the Metal Slime not 14+.

User Info: Pre_PHD_Lee

Pre_PHD_Lee
1 month ago#10
Experience in this game is split among surviving party members. So, for example, if a battle is worth 1200 Exp, and you have a full party of four members who are all alive, each will get 300 Exp. If you have three members alive, each would get 400. If you had two, each would get 600. You'd only get 1200 if you had just one party member alive at the end of the fight.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Am I Stifling My Fighter