2 months ago #5
    toritoritori247 posted...
    Really? Are you getting this from the code, Darkwing? I'm not doubting you or anything, I know you speedrun this game (or at least, you did at one point, not to mention some of the other crazy stuff like that solo Fighter attempt, which I even tuned in for some of back in the day), but I know slartifer compiled all of that info from when 1who dug through the code forever ago (wow, that was around a decade ago, as I actually first made this specific account to comment on that old hack thread lol) and figured out a lot of stuff. All the same, I'm sure slart would want to fix that FAQ if the info is incorrect.

There are a few other things that 1who got wrong. Most are inconsequential and lie more in the bestiary.

But yeah, try to log any instance where you don't run on turn 4 on a runnable battle. Won't ever happen.

I think 1who ended up relooking at it, but never fixed it in the doc.

Here it is. Post #167 in the mechanics thread.

By 1who:

As for running, I worked out the general mechanics in pseudo-code a while ago

CHANCE TO RUN:
    RunChance [4] = {128, 128, 64, 0}
    LvlDiff = Hero's level - highest enemy level
    if ($566 & 8 == 1) run
    else if (LvlDiff >= 10) run
    else x = $566 & 3
    if (Rand (0..255) >= RunChance[x]) Run
    else run failed
    Let's get Dangerous.

Previous Versions
    2 months ago
    toritoritori247 posted...
    Really? Are you getting this from the code, Darkwing? I'm not doubting you or anything, I know you speedrun this game (or at least, you did at one point, not to mention some of the other crazy stuff like that solo Fighter attempt, which I even tuned in for some of back in the day), but I know slartifer compiled all of that info from when 1who dug through the code forever ago (wow, that was around a decade ago, as I actually first made this specific account to comment on that old hack thread lol) and figured out a lot of stuff. All the same, I'm sure slart would want to fix that FAQ if the info is incorrect.

There are a few other things that 1who got wrong. Most are inconsequential and lie more in the bestiary.

But yeah, try to log any instance where you don't run on turn 4 on a runnable battle. Won't ever happen.

I think 1who ended up relooking at it, but never fixed it in the doc.

Here it is. Post #167 in the mechanics thread.

As for running, I worked out the general mechanics in pseudo-code a while ago

CHANCE TO RUN:
    RunChance [4] = {128, 128, 64, 0}
    LvlDiff = Hero's level - highest enemy level
    if ($566 & 8 == 1) run
    else if (LvlDiff >= 10) run
    else x = $566 & 3
    if (Rand (0..255) >= RunChance[x]) Run
    else run failed