• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. What to do with my Warrior (and the rest)?

User Info: maleficus5622

maleficus5622
7 months ago#1
My starter 4 (who are nearly all level 20) are: Hero, Warrior, Mage, Priest. I will turn at least one of these into a Sage. I’ve read the other posts and my warrior hits hard. Should i just keep him as a warrior tank for the whole game or is it absolutely necessary to change him? I want to change my Mage or Priest into the Sage. Do I really need to change all of my classes or should I keep a few (like Warrior) as-is due to the presence of magic and healing all around him. I was not planning on including a fighter in this setup at all but am not sure :-/.
Given that my current party is set and nearly at level 20, what would you do? Thx :-).
Nep Nep?

maleficus5622
7 months ago#2
Was gonna make my mage into the sage but some peeps suggest making the priest into the sage instead. Just wondering if there are any real drawbacks to keeping my warrior as a warrior if three others can heal and/or buff
Nep Nep?

User Info: Roundman

Roundman
7 months ago#3
Are you playing the Gameboy version? Based on the class names it sounds like you're playing the Gameboy version.

I'd keep the Warrior as a Warrior, transform the Priest into a Sage, and transform the Mage into a Fighter after learning Bikill (or whatever that spell is known as in the GBC version). Offensive magic is mediocre compared to physical attacks in this game.

maleficus5622
7 months ago#4
Thanks for that! So I’ll leave warrior as status quo then. Are there no late-level abilities that are worth grinding mage up for? Playing ios..... but this thread has been most active lately :-).
Nep Nep?

maleficus5622
7 months ago#5
Also, at what point would you recommend turning priest/ cleric into the sage?
Nep Nep?

User Info: spadesZero

spadesZero
7 months ago#6
I would turn them into a sage the moment they hit 20 and you have the Book of Satori (or whatever it's called in the GBC version... Zen Book?)

Then, solo grind them up back to 20, it shouldn't take too long. Do the same for your fighter after they learn Bikill.

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
7 months ago#7
Turn the Wizard to a Sage after learning Bikill. The Pilgrim is already a fairly decent fighter. The Wizard is stuck with the Poison Needle.
PSN/YT: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/

maleficus5622
7 months ago#8
Tough decisions, haha. I’m guessig that all of these combinations would work well.
Nep Nep?

User Info: Roundman

Roundman
7 months ago#9
maleficus5622 posted...
Also, at what point would you recommend turning priest/ cleric into the sage?

As soon as possible. The Sage is better than the Priest in every way. There's no benefit in waiting.

maleficus5622 posted...
Thanks for that! So I’ll leave warrior as status quo then. Are there no late-level abilities that are worth grinding mage up for? Playing ios..... but this thread has been most active lately :-).

If you're willing to carry your Wizard with you for awhile, it's always fun to have a Fighter who knows BeDragon.

The GBC version had post-game content that made it worthwhile to create supercharacters (i.e. take a Sage, level them to 55 so they know all spells and have alot of MP, then class change the Sage into a Soldier or Fighter), but they're not necessary to beat the game. I assume that the ios version has the post game content, but I'm not sure.

maleficus5622
7 months ago#10
Cheers all :-). Just wanna get to the end credits on this one. Final Q: if I revert a character back to their original class, do they go back to lvl. 1 again? Haha
Nep Nep?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. What to do with my Warrior (and the rest)?
  • Topic Archived