You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Best Party/Plan (Change my mind)

User Info: spadesZero

spadesZero
4 months ago#41
Good late game party if you are doing lots of class changes. You can end up with several fighters that can also cast magic.

You do that in exchange for a lot of grinding, and a harder early game.

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
4 months ago#42
"soldier, goof-off, wizard, hero"

"Good late game party if you are doing lots of class changes. You can end up with several fighters that can also cast magic."

Oh, that's right! You were reading the Thor's Sword drop topic over there @_@

I agree. Sword of Kings (which sucks TBH) plus Thor's Sword (it's okay) and two Wizards = I <3 random encounters!
Do your own research!

User Info: Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck
4 months ago#43
Sword of Kings is great.
Let's get Dangerous.

Darkwing Duck
3 months ago#44
I'm trying to think of a better weapon than the Sword of Kings and coming up blank.
Let's get Dangerous.

atmasabr
3 months ago#45
Thor's Sword >:(

Firevolt >>> Infermost.
Do your own research!

Darkwing Duck
3 months ago#46
More enemies are weak to the infernos family than they are to fire. So you'll land fewer hits with firevolt than you will infermost over time so the damage output will be the same across all the enemies you fight.

Plus Sword of Kings has a higher attack power by a good deal, if memory serves.
Let's get Dangerous.

User Info: spadesZero

spadesZero
3 months ago#47
Thor's Sword is amazing, and farming up a bunch of them makes it so you have firevolt readily available.

The problem: It takes FOREVER to get a bunch of Thor's Swords. In the time it takes to get them, you can just grind on metal babbles and get to a super high level, enough to where no one poses any threat no matter what your party is.

With a good enough party (like the one I proposed), you don't need much grinding. Unless you get unlucky, Baramos and Zoma shouldn't require much to take down without grinding.

As far as amazing parties go, from this thread, there's my original suggestion of:

Soldier+Hero+Fighter+Pilgrim => Sage

However, replacing the soldier with another fighter is still good. You're replacing some defense with more offense.

There's also

Hero+Fighter+Fighter+Fighter

Which might be better, but more boring.

A point of note? I'm not convinced that Wizard is a good idea. You can't afford to cast damage spells every random encounter (you will run out of MP quickly), they aren't that good in the more challenging parts of the game at the beginning, and a fighter never runs out of MP, has much better defenses and much higher agility.

This isn't to say wizard can't be great. If you are an advanced player and know the wizard spells, and what monsters they best effect in-and-out... Wizard can be awesome. If getting to know that, and doing that research is fun for you? Go for it; grab a wizard. Grab two.

Even though they are unoptimal, Wizards can also be fun. So if that's your bag, go for it.

If you are new to this game and want to put together a solid party and get through the game with more ease and little grinding though, I recommend against taking a wizard.

atmasabr
3 months ago#48
If you are new to this game and want to put together a solid party and get through the game with more ease and little grinding though, I recommend against taking a wizard.

I'm really going to have to insist on beginners including a glass cannon as an early warning system for dangerous situations.

(But this game doesn't even have game overs.)

mmm

More enemies are weak to the infernos family than they are to fire. So you'll land fewer hits with firevolt than you will infermost over time so the damage output will be the same across all the enemies you fight.

The Infernos family has less reliable damage, though. You'll leave dangerous enemies alive.
Do your own research!

Darkwing Duck
3 months ago#49
And firevolt hits fewer enemies, so you'll leave dangerous enemies without being hit.

Boss Trolls resist fire 70% of the time. Can't resist infermost.
Kragacles resist fire 30% of the time. Can't resist infermost.
Leonas resist fire 30% of the time. Can't resist infermost.
Archmages resist fire 70% of the time. Can't resist infermost.
Magiwyverns resist fire 70% of the time. Resists infermost 30% of the time.
Green Dragons resist fire 70% of the time. Resists infermost 30% of the time.

Of course, all ice and zombie type enemies will do better with fire, but some, like the winged demon, resist evenly, and things like barogs are better off attacking since they're one hit kill, and you get more damage from Sword of Kings.

And you're not one hit killing most things with a firevolt over infermost. Lionroars take two of both regardless, for example. And unless you're meleeing with with magic users, you're killing late game enemies in two hits with a melee and either firevolt or infermost.
Let's get Dangerous.

User Info: Robot2600

Robot2600
3 months ago#50
hero, samurai, wizard, goof-off

adam, sara, doom, julie july
& adammaillet.blogspot.com
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Best Party/Plan (Change my mind)