• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck
1 year ago#21
I don't remember if the event disappears or shows up as normal. Also, gold bashers drop golden claws at a pretty low rate, so it's possible to get a golden claw.
Let's get Dangerous.

User Info: Roundman

Roundman
1 year ago#22
Darkwing Duck posted...
I don't remember if the event disappears or shows up as normal. Also, gold bashers drop golden claws at a pretty low rate, so it's possible to get a golden claw.

Interesting, I did not realize Gold Bashers dropped Golden Claws

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
1 year ago#23
Really? Vase of Drought doesn't help trigger the Golden Orb?

Well interesting read.
Do your own research!

Roundman
1 year ago#24
A bit off topic, but it's sad to me to see that Toys R Us is going out of business. I have clear memories of buying this copy of Dragon Warrior 3 from a Toys R Us many years ago. The wall of NES games Toys R Us had back then was breathtaking to a young kid, especially since we did not have an EB Games or other video game specialty store anywhere close to us in those days. I'm sad that my young children will miss out on the Toys R Us experience.

User Info: fire_bolt

fire_bolt
1 year ago#25
Anybody know if the Bomb Crag exploit was fixed in the GBC version? Can't seem to find the right spot for it despite looking at maps on Google Image...
If her hips don't break, you didn't "carry" hard enough" -SpunkySix
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bolt_thundara/wishlist

Roundman
1 year ago#26
fire_bolt posted...
Anybody know if the Bomb Crag exploit was fixed in the GBC version? Can't seem to find the right spot for it despite looking at maps on Google Image...

I'm not sure whether it's still there on the GBC version. Go to Kanave and go as far East as you can go, then grind south by the river in the forest. If you don't run into the Bomb Crag and other enemies at that spot, then they fixed the issue.

Here's a map showing the enemy zones on the NES map. The Bomb Crags and other enemies are in the part of the square near Kanave that's in the 2E zone:

http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dw3nes/maps_overworld/dw3_overworld.png

fire_bolt
1 year ago#27
Thanks for that, will test soon. Currently trying to make the Pachisi EXP glitch work for fun and profit on my Hero. Not gonna do it for anyone else since they'll class change anyway but y'know. Level 99 Hero with a Boomerang sounds pretty good right now

fire_bolt
1 year ago#28
Yeah, that was MUCH more effective

So it turns out I was just 1 tile line too high to get Dragon Queen encounters... But 30 minutes of grinding there only produced 3 sets of Bomb Crags and one set of 3 Bomb Crags + 1 Grizzly. It feels like the Poison Needle might have gotten nerfed hard for the GBC version, with it taking an average of 12 or more attacks to get a lucky kill in. I'm talking like 5 minutes per fight, which is NOT very good EXP/minute tbh.

Pachisi trick ran my Hero to level 61 in two tries. And by two tries I mean it taking like 10 minutes to actually get Str down twice and the bug worked the second time. Now I can just advance the plot with my Hero hard carrying a Soldier, Fighter, and Wizard for awhile lol

Roundman
1 year ago#29
fire_bolt posted...
Yeah, that was MUCH more effective

So it turns out I was just 1 tile line too high to get Dragon Queen encounters... But 30 minutes of grinding there only produced 3 sets of Bomb Crags and one set of 3 Bomb Crags + 1 Grizzly. It feels like the Poison Needle might have gotten nerfed hard for the GBC version, with it taking an average of 12 or more attacks to get a lucky kill in. I'm talking like 5 minutes per fight, which is NOT very good EXP/minute tbh.

5 minutes is long, especially for only 3 Bomb Crags. I had it take 5 minutes a few times when fighting groups of 4 Bomb Crags, but usually it took around 3 minutes. The NES poison needle had a 1 in 8 chance of killing the enemy. I don't know whether that was changed for the GBC version.
  • Topic Archived