• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Your best advice please

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
1 year ago#1
I’ve owned this game since the late 90’s, but the copy I purchased had a dead battery. I finally got around to getting it fixed, so I’ll probably start up a quest in the near future. I’ve gotten to the class switching part of the game, but never finished since I couldn’t save. So, I’m simply looking for the best advice you can give me for my first true playthrough of this wonderful game. Spoilers are welcome.
Playing: FFVI perfect stat run. To do - Magic & Rages. Avg lvl: 98 Lvl 99: 13/14 Complete chars: 10/14
Also: FFVIII - exploring, GTA:SA - 70%

User Info: trancer1

trancer1
1 year ago#2
What is your current party?
---
President Trump is not my messenger, he is my MESSAGE.

User Info: joaquintall

joaquintall
1 year ago#3
There is an unmarked square where a town will be established, as long as you leave a merchant there. Visit this place several times. You will see that it's changing, and will eventually provide an essential item for you.

Kigalas
1 year ago#4
trancer1 posted...
What is your current party?

Haven’t started yet, but going to have a soldier and pilgrim for sure and a merchant as a backup for the town thing. I’m unsure on the third slot.
Playing: FFVI perfect stat run. To do - ~65 Rages, kill Kefka. Also: FFVIII - Disc 2: exploring, GTA:SA - 70%
Next up: Dragon Warrior III

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
1 year ago#5
If you have a Wizard, don’t get the class change unless you have learned Bikill first.
PSN/YT: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
NEW! Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type (2.3) at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/

User Info: joaquintall

joaquintall
1 year ago#6
For the merchant, don't bother leveling him up. You can leave him in Luisa's Place until he is needed. Even a merchant at level 1 will serve the purpose of the new town, and you will lose him or her forever. Better to level up someone who you intend on using later.

User Info: MogilnyIsGod

MogilnyIsGod
1 year ago#7
Have you played the first two? If not my best advice would be to play them first. At least the first, I've played 2 less than 1 and 3 and can't recall if it ties in that much. But (in case you don't know, and it is a spoiler), III is a prequel to I and it turns out you are the legendary Erdrick who is an ancestor of the player character in the first game and you collect Erdrick's armor and weapons. You also travel to familiar locations. Another question, do you have the Explorers Handbook that came with it? If not you could probably find a copy online somewhere. It's really all you need, it's more like a mini strategy guide than an instruction booklet and guided many a child through their adventures during the days before GameFAQs.

Kigalas
1 year ago#8
Oh yeah, I played the s*** out of I, II and IV as a kid. I actually recently rediscovered a save file on my copy of II in Rhone from 25 years ago. No, I don’t have the Explorer’s Handbook but I’ll look it up.
Playing: FFVI perfect stat run. To do - ~45 Rages, kill Kefka. Also: FFVIII - Disc 2: exploring, GTA:SA - 70%

Kigalas
1 year ago#9
I found a PDF of it (80 pages!) so I’m all set on that front. As far as rare drops go, are there many, and are they worth spending the time to get them?
Playing: FFVI perfect stat run. To do - ~30 Rages, kill Kefka. Also: FFVIII - Disc 2: exploring, GTA:SA - 70%

User Info: trancer1

trancer1
1 year ago#10
Kigalas posted...
I found a PDF of it (80 pages!) so I’m all set on that front. As far as rare drops go, are there many, and are they worth spending the time to get them?

None of the rare drops are worth the time (usually) required to get them. If you get one, great! If you don't, they are in no way necessary to beat the game. The most useful ones just make random encounters die faster.
---
President Trump is not my messenger, he is my MESSAGE.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Your best advice please
  • Topic Archived