• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Best Dragon Warrior (so far)

User Info: ZenicReverie

ZenicReverie
2 years ago#1
I've really only played up to this one (and party of 8), but the series continues to grow into its own. It's a bit sad it didn't continue on the SNES in the US. I'm looking forward to the fourth installment later this year. The style of the game allows for grinding while exploring. Ended up with two sages, the hero, and a soldier by the end of the game. It's interesting that this is the only installment that allows you to make your own characters. After this point, both this and the Final Fantasy series used a cast of characters to tell their stories. I'm not sure which I prefer.

So what's everyone's favorite Dragon Warrior game?
RPGConquest --- http://allconsolerpgs.blogspot.com/
All console RPGs from end to end

User Info: Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck
2 years ago#2
That long in between III and IV?

There are THAT many RPGs for you to play?
Let's get Dangerous.

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
2 years ago#3
ZenicReverie posted...
It's interesting that this is the only installment that allows you to make your own characters.

Or at least until Dragon Quest IX.

User Info: ZenicReverie

ZenicReverie
2 years ago#4
Darkwing Duck posted...
That long in between III and IV?

There are THAT many RPGs for you to play?

only a year, but 32 RPGs between them by my count (10 more unplayed at this point).

Maetch posted...
ZenicReverie posted...
It's interesting that this is the only installment that allows you to make your own characters.

Or at least until Dragon Quest IX.

SPOILERS ;)
RPGConquest --- http://allconsolerpgs.blogspot.com/
All console RPGs from end to end

User Info: skater43

skater43
2 years ago#5
I've only played 1-6, but this is my favorite of that group. 6 would be number two on the list. Only played through 4 once and for what ever reason, it just didn't grab me. Wasn't the AI because as I said, 6 is near the top of my list, and I liked 5 as well (got well into a game of 5DS a few months ago that I really ought to get back to and finish up. "One of these days" :) ). 2 is a bear, of course, but I guess that's it's charm. And there's something to 1's simplicity. But 3 gets my vote for favorite and definitely the one I've played the most.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Best Dragon Warrior (so far)
  • Topic Archived