• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Dastari

Dastari
9 years ago#1
I just got this wonderful object at the pyramid. The FAQ says that you will be "cursed" in the pyramid and won't be able to use magic but that you'll be find once you exit. However, I have been hounded by monsters ever since picking this thing up. Usually it takes me about 5-10 minutes to walk around and wait for day to become night. Since I'm getting attacked so often now it took 30 minutes. Seriously I can't walk more than 3 steps anymore without being attacked. Has anyone else experienced this with the golden claw and is there any way to fix it?

Thanks!
Dastari Creel
Demigod for Hire

Dastari
9 years ago#2
Oh in case it makes a difference, I do have a fighter and it is equipped on her.
Dastari Creel
Demigod for Hire

User Info: mog255

mog255
9 years ago#3
The Golden Claw has a curse and will increase the encounter rate (Leave it in the vault until you need to go monster hunting).
AS for the Pyramid, you cannot cast spells in the basement with or without the Golden Claw.
KUPO! ^_^ :)
When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade

User Info: ke6drt

ke6drt
9 years ago#4
That info you got from a FAQ is either worded wrong, or is meant for the remakes that appeared on Super Famicom and Gameboy Color. In the original NES version it's like what mog255 said, it increases the encounter rate as long as you have it in your inventory. In the remakes it's more like what that FAQ said, the curse is in the Pyramid only.
"I don't really have anything to add, I just wanted to say that I lol'd. Hard." - Esquire J

mog255
9 years ago#5
Ah! Interesting, I didn't know that since I've only played the NES version.
So, in the remakes the Golden Claw is a regular weapon except for in the pyramid?
If so I don't know which is better a better weapon for Fighters or an increased monster rate for leveling (probably the increased rate since the weapon is only plus like 25 more).

User Info: MI4 REAL

MI4 REAL
9 years ago#6
You know, this just occured to me.

Could the encounter rate increase even higher if you have TWO or more golden claws in your inventory at the same time?

(Winged Demons will rarely drop Golden Claws as a dropped item)
"Er...well, y'know. You can't make an omelette without um...destroying a forest.....or something" -Black Mage

Dastari
9 years ago#7
That info you got from a FAQ is either worded wrong, or is meant for the remakes that appeared on Super Famicom and Gameboy Color. In the original NES version it's like what mog255 said, it increases the encounter rate as long as you have it in your inventory. In the remakes it's more like what that FAQ said, the curse is in the Pyramid only.

Yeah that FAQ has been VERY wrong. It's not even the one that claims to be for the GB version. It's the one from Ramina but it has been wrong about who can wear what equipment as well.

I wish there was some way of weeding out incorrect stuff on gamefaqs to keep this sort of thing from happening.
Dastari Creel
Demigod for Hire

mog255
9 years ago#8
2 claws don't increase the encounter rate. Just one can give you an encounter on the next step.
BTW, Winged Demon drops Sword of Illusion; you get the claw from Gold Basher.

User Info: Ragn_At_Work

Ragn_At_Work
9 years ago#9
I wish there was some way of weeding out incorrect stuff on gamefaqs to keep this sort of thing from happening.

You can try either reporting it as a bad FAQ or contacting the author (if they have contact info) but it's probably pointless - the one time I tried the author basically told me to **** off and then Ceejus ignored my feedback ticket.
Read the ToU! Read the stickies! Read the FAQs! Read the Help Files! Read the manual! Read a book on grammar and spelling!
You forgot to read something!

User Info: x_loto

x_loto
9 years ago#10
I would like to think that the majority of FAQ writers would like to know where they might have made mistakes...but maybe I just got lucky when I gave corrections, or I'm reading too much of myself into my expectations of other people. Oh well. *shrug*
Currently Playing: F-Zero GX (GCN), Dragon Quest III (J) (NES)
  • Topic Archived