• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Joe73ffdq

Joe73ffdq
2 months ago#1
Complete disassembly by abw

Hacking notes by Joe73ffdq

Relevant links with the history of data found

Improvement patches with source code

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6lld8gil6k2uxv/DW2%20-%20Disassembly.rar

User Info: Jay_Shaw

Jay_Shaw
2 months ago#2
There's some really interesting information in that file, Joe73ffdq!

I'm kind of confused by references to enemies, spells, and items which do not actually appear in the game, though (e.g., Elfin Elixir, Lightning, Hustle, Metal Drakee, Yellow D, etc.). Also, I noticed that some of the moves the notes say the monsters have (e.g., Slime doing jig or healing) do not actually occur in the original NES version of Dragon Warrior II. Is this information based on some other version of the game or is there stuff in the code that isn't actually used in the game?

--Jay

Joe73ffdq
2 months ago#3
There are 2 separate feature here.

1 - The patches are for the vanilla game. They can be used for an improved game experience, or can be used to start your own mod.

2 - Everything in my folder is a work in progress, and has many new features as you see. Compare the disassembly to my work, and use the changes if you like.

Ultimately I want to create 2 new patches...

(1) - Use the new items and new spells, and create a balance mod with original enemies.
(2) - Then I will take all the new enemies, and redo all the enemy stats, formations, zoning, ect.

User Info: Jay_Shaw

Jay_Shaw
2 months ago#4
Thanks for the clarification - I kind of thought that might be the case based on the the references to hacking in the file folders...

--Jay

Joe73ffdq
2 months ago#5
The link above no longer works. I made an update and it messed up the link to dropbox. Here is the new one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm5hh9jgtknp0k6/DW2%20-%20Disassembly.zip
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A