• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  3. CV3 honestly feels an awesome fictional movie-to-game translation

User Info: 2001mark

2001mark
2 months ago#1
Been playing CV3 lately, & I can't help seem like it truly feels like some Dracula style Indiana Jones movie-to-game translation.
CV1 feels like the nod to those themes, yet CV3 seems so much more well polished & produced that I'd love to see a movie about it. Dunno, I feel like CV3's level designs are more unique than CV1's more generic towers & dungeons.

User Info: UncleDale

UncleDale
2 months ago#2
Wow, great topic, thanks. CV1 and 2 and 3 all have the film cell notches along the sides of the title screen/intro. Konami intended the movie feel that you are talking about, and they did such a good job. The Castlevania series on Netflix is generally CV3 with smattering of SotN, but for adults only. And I agree, Konami went from a really good game in CV1 to a masterpiece in CV3.
Uncle Dale

User Info: 2001mark

2001mark
2 months ago#3
UncleDale posted...
Wow, great topic, thanks. CV1 and 2 and 3 all have the film cell notches along the sides of the title screen/intro. Konami intended the movie feel that you are talking about, and they did such a good job.
Yeah, that's very true. A bit like SMB3's stage play curtain up title screen.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  3. CV3 honestly feels an awesome fictional movie-to-game translation
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A