• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Big_Ownage

Big_Ownage
9 months ago#1
Well, I have been playing this game for about 30 years at this point, and I am happy to say that I finally played through the whole game without losing a single life. I did not use any save states, emulator tricks, or cheats. I went with Grant as my teammate and took the easy path (I've actually never been able to beat the hard path; that will be my next goal).

The two hardest levels to get through without dying are definitely the Grim Reaper's level and the last level. I don't think Dracula himself is particularly hard, but his level is really tough and there are no recovery chicken roasts (roast hams?) in the level that I am aware of.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
9 months ago#2
I've been able to do the hard path (minus the sunken city) without a death at least once or twice. I'm still surprised that this is the harder of the two. I cannot do the easy path proficiently, tho for what it's worth, I never played a lot of the easy path throughout the years. I can get through it otherwise. I hate the sunken city level. Not sure if i ever mastered it enough to get through death free.

So while you work on the hard path, I need to work on the easy one!
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
9 months ago#3
Big_Ownage posted...

The two hardest levels to get through without dying are definitely the Grim Reaper's level and the last level. I don't think Dracula himself is particularly hard, but his level is really tough and there are no recovery chicken roasts (roast hams?) in the level that I am aware of.

There is meat in the section after the door taking you to BLK A-02. There are spiders dropping down. Check the wall on the right before you reach the stairs with the skeletons.
PSN/YouTube/Twitch: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/

Big_Ownage
9 months ago#4
TriforceSD posted...
I've been able to do the hard path (minus the sunken city) without a death at least once or twice. I'm still surprised that this is the harder of the two. I cannot do the easy path proficiently, tho for what it's worth, I never played a lot of the easy path throughout the years. I can get through it otherwise. I hate the sunken city level. Not sure if i ever mastered it enough to get through death free.

So while you work on the hard path, I need to work on the easy one!

Wow very interesting! I guess we both have some homework to do then.

Since you are proficient at the hard path, do you usually go with Grant or Alucard?

Big_Ownage
9 months ago#5
Zzonkmiles posted...
There is meat in the section after the door taking you to BLK A-02. There are spiders dropping down. Check the wall on the right before you reach the stairs with the skeletons.

That's right, I always forget about that one. It's hard to get because of the spider and the whip skeleton. I got to Dracula on my last 4 bars of life so I had zero margin for error. Good thing Dracula is not that hard if you use axes.

TriforceSD
9 months ago#6
I like using Grant, keeping him with the Axe with the Tripple shot and Trevor usually with the Boomerang Tripple shot. It helps, esp with the stage 8 boss since the boomerang does not hit the skull head part and helps more with the 3rd boss in stage 7 plus Grant's agility. If I used Alucard more, I'd probably be able to pull off more no death runs and even survive through the sunken city, which has another 1up in the level...forget where tho.

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
9 months ago#7
TriforceSD posted...
I like using Grant, keeping him with the Axe with the Tripple shot and Trevor usually with the Boomerang Tripple shot. It helps, esp with the stage 8 boss since the boomerang does not hit the skull head part and helps more with the 3rd boss in stage 7 plus Grant's agility. If I used Alucard more, I'd probably be able to pull off more no death runs and even survive through the sunken city, which has another 1up in the level...forget where tho.
That 1-up is hidden in the wall on the far right on the first screen with the rising water. That stage is ridiculously hard on hard mode because of the increased bats and fishmen.
PSN/YouTube/Twitch: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/

TriforceSD
9 months ago#8
I can get through hard mode but not that sunken city part. I think Alucard is essential for this part. Recommended in easy mode, required in hard..
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A