• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Rozzbane

Rozzbane
3 years ago#1
Any good ones out there?
I'm gonna try and ride it all day long and I'm gunna fail 'cuz it's WILD WACKY ACTION BIKE!!!

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#2
Slim pickings. http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&genre=&platform=&game=822&category=&perpage=20&title=&author=&hacksearch=Go isn't necessarily a definitive list, but a good place to start. Unfortunately, looks like the only ones listed are merely tweaks to the game, rather than whole new levels and such.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

Rozzbane
3 years ago#3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3hHTTaJLDs

I have this Tech demo on my PowerPak. I like to play the actual hacks on my NES vs. an Emulator.
I noticed a shortage of CVIII hacks but unfortunately, there are some hacks out there that require more than a basic google search. These games are usually hidden in fan communes across the net rather than at a basic stop and drop. I was hoping I could hear some interesting news over GameFAQs seeing that it's 2018.
I'm gonna try and ride it all day long and I'm gunna fail 'cuz it's WILD WACKY ACTION BIKE!!!

Rozzbane
3 years ago#4
My mistake. It's not a tech demo but an unfinished hack of CV3 that got dumped/abandoned some years back. It's too bad nobody ever picked up on it afterwards.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
3 years ago#5
I've asked about this before, but do any of you know if the following is a bug?
Small hearts, warika weapons, double, and tripple shot are the only things that can be randomly dropped when you beat an enemy. Only exception is against those skull dragon snake thingies that sometimes drop 100 point money bags.

Contrast to CV 1, where you could also get big hearts, rosery, invincibility potion, and money bags of 100, 400, and 700 points.

So why does this not appear in CW3?
It does happen in CW4. What gives?
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

Rozzbane
3 years ago#6
TriforceSD posted...
I've asked about this before, but do any of you know if the following is a bug?
Small hearts, warika weapons, double, and tripple shot are the only things that can be randomly dropped when you beat an enemy. Only exception is against those skull dragon snake thingies that sometimes drop 100 point money bags.

Contrast to CV 1, where you could also get big hearts, rosery, invincibility potion, and money bags of 100, 400, and 700 points.

So why does this not appear in CW3?
It does happen in CW4. What gives?

Skeleton Dragons have always dropped money bags and hearts in classic Castlevania.

Drops from other enemies are usually done while using a sub weapon.
Try using the boomerang with Triple Threat.
Lay down your warm babies on my cold feet at the end of my bed.

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#7
Does seem odd that 3 is the odd man out. It's possible that they decided to change the way drops worked for 3, then decided it didn't work, or 1 played better or something, so they went back to the old way for 4. Other possibility is they forgot to set a flag or something to trigger the other drops, which would be a bug. I personally know jack about looking at code and breaking down games and such, but the folks over at TASvideos (http://tasvideos.org/forum/) prolly have for this game, or otherwise might be able to answer your question.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

Rozzbane
3 years ago#8
III has different coding and algorathims from what I've read. III was also the hardest game to emulate of the original trilogy because of the mappers that Nintendo/Konami used. This could be why its so hard to modify the game these days.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
2 years ago#9
Interesting info.
Well, someone did some hacks that converted this game into the graphics for CV4 and saw that the drops functioned normally in the hack. I just need to find that hack on youtube again.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

Rozzbane
2 years ago#10
I have CV4 on the SNES and the Skele-Dragons in stage III during the water palace tend to drop hearts from time to time. Money bags being a rarity.

But in Stage 9 (Treasury in Drac's castle), the chances of money being dropped seem to quad because that is -all- they drop.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A