• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  3. This game is dying to be remade for this gen!!! Such an amazing game!!

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
3 years ago#1
It pretty much catapulted the Castlevania series into stardom.

I loved everything about this game, from the masterful soundtrack to the cool secondary players etc.....this game needs to come in its own large world, with the soundtrack remastered for today....just give it the TLC it so deserves.

I know I'm asking for a remake of a game and should really want a new entry to the series but I believe with the current state of Konami, and the building success of the Netflix series that's based off Castlevania 3, we'll most likely see them attempt to remake this game.
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
3 years ago#2
I would just settle for a modified port of the NES game, with the following adjustments:

*Mostly based on the Famicom version, so damage taken depends on the enemy and is not a fixed amount. Also, the good music is used.
*Grant doesn't get infinite throwing knives anymore (most broken thing in the game), but always starts with one as his sub-weapon.
*More mature translation, and no hiding the religious references in dialogue anymore. We all know Sypha prays to God, not a "Magic Spirit".

User Info: Jtt410

Jtt410
3 years ago#3
I agree this needs a remake, but here's what I want out of it:

Most of what the previous poster said, except:
Maybe just reduce the range of Grant's Famicom only throwing knives? His attack range is pathetically short and has no upgrades like Trevor or Alucard.
His wall climbing ability is wonderful for avoiding parts of stages, but (and yes, this is a hypothetical) if your trying a Grant only run, his basic attack is basically hard mode for most encounters.

Maybe even just give him the upgrade item (nintendo power called it the mystic whip symbol, despite it being given to Alucard as well), first one gives him a slight damage boost, second gives it some range (comparable to Alucard's shots).

Or screw it just one upgrade for range and then leave it at that. His dagger sub weapon can still cover the full screen at cost of hearts, but at least he'll have something for a better advantage against things like the vertical stairways with bone pillars and gargoyles and what not.

Besides that, just the Dawn of Sorrow Julius mode's ability to have and switch between all 4 characters. (well, 3 for the first run, all 4 on subsequent runs where you would start with whoever you beat it with the first time.)

And maybe if that's the case Grant doesn't need throwing knives anyway.
In a fight between Kirby and *insert character here*, Kirby wins...even against Batman.
3DS friend code: 4210-4519-0621 Let's play Smash Bros! With customs on?

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
3 years ago#4
Jtt410 posted...
His wall climbing ability is wonderful for avoiding parts of stages, but (and yes, this is a hypothetical) if your trying a Grant only run, his basic attack is basically hard mode for most encounters.

Adding a few more pixels to the stab's range would be the only buff I would give it. Grant's strength is his mobility, not his combat.

User Info: djruden

djruden
3 years ago#5
I don't feel much need for a remake. The original is a classic and I can't imagine developers could improve it. Just change it and probably take away some of the charm. I think the challenge is a good thing. It's what has kept me coming back to the game over the years.

That said, after owning this game since it came out (roughly), I have finally beat it last night. For the longest time it seemed near impossible but some how with enough practice I got all the patterns and tricks down and did it. Feels good man.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  3. This game is dying to be remade for this gen!!! Such an amazing game!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A