• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  3. My hats off to people who legit beat this game without cheats

User Info: djruden

djruden
5 years ago#11
Wow props to you guys that beat Castlevania 3. I've had it since I was a kid and never did it. I might have to pop it back in soon to give it another whirl but I also might have to look up best routes and what not. I seem to remember getting the furthest when I would just use Alucard to fly thru a lot of harder stuff.

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
5 years ago#12
BrokenNeko420 posted...
It's not that tough once you play the levels a couple times. The doppleganger is brutal though, but I usually remember the strategy for beating him after a couple of deaths.

Konami nes games were the best. Hard but Insanely fun.

The only way I could beat the Doppleganger was that character-swap trick. Death and Dracula were easier to me by comparison.

knightmere122 posted...
I always thought Frankenstein and Flea Man was the hardest boss in CV1. (w/o holy water ofc)

You found that boss easier than Death in CV?
"Musicians??....Get a real job..." - Jerry Seinfeld

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
5 years ago#13
Lord...without holy water for the level 4 boss, I might as well restart the whole level.
And Death??? I must have the boomerang 3 shot. In CV1 or 3, I have never attempted to kill Death any other way...
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal...3/12/2016

User Info: silvermaiden

silvermaiden
5 years ago#14
I just got into Castlevania this year. I really like this game so far, despite those damn ravens. I'm kinda disappointed that this game is ranked so far down in the difficulty category. The only thing you can really criticize about classic Castlevania is the knockback when you get damaged, other than that I think this game has very good legit difficulty. I mean seriously, how can you vote Cheetahmen as a harder game? It's just plain garbage. Realistically this game should be in the top ten. Most everything above are just poorly made games.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
5 years ago#15
Uggh, I hate those Ravens. I usually will stick Grant with an axe if Trever doesn't already have one, to try to take them out before they can get near me.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal...3/12/2016

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
5 years ago#16
silvermaiden posted...
I just got into Castlevania this year. I really like this game so far, despite those damn ravens. I'm kinda disappointed that this game is ranked so far down in the difficulty category. The only thing you can really criticize about classic Castlevania is the knockback when you get damaged, other than that I think this game has very good legit difficulty. I mean seriously, how can you vote Cheetahmen as a harder game? It's just plain garbage. Realistically this game should be in the top ten. Most everything above are just poorly made games.

The jump-back is a "disease" a lot of the Belmont characters have. Simon also seems a hair less responsive in CV compared to II and Trevor in III.
"Musicians??....Get a real job..." - Jerry Seinfeld

User Info: silvermaiden

silvermaiden
5 years ago#17
I finally beat this game a couple days ago; one and a half times, actually. The first time I beat Dracula I jumped straight up from the moving platforms, got the last hit, and fell in the hole. lol
I really like Sypha. Her magic makes the knights easy a cake, and her basic attack is the cure I was looking for against the ravens. Ravens are usually out of reach for Trevor, but as soon as they start to come down I jump straight up and get 'em with Sypha's staff. Her ice magic took care of the bats on the room before Dracula too (the one with the pendulums).

This is my kinda game; I loved it. Can't wait to play it again and try the other characters.

The jump-back is a "disease" a lot of the Belmont characters have. Simon also seems a hair less responsive in CV compared to II and Trevor in III.

CVIII didn't really feel any different to me compared to the first one, but maybe it's just been a while since I played the first one. Took me a while to get used to NES games again because I had been playing so much Rondo of Blood. At least they kinda fixed the knockback thing in Rondo of Blood. Certain attacks like flames and smaller enemies just kinda stun you in place.

User Info: GodOfFruit

GodOfFruit
5 years ago#18
I'm surprised most people found the game easiest with Sypha. I thought Grant's small size and better control were a godsend. Sypha's magic is great for bosses and stuff, but most of the hardest parts are about maneuvering through enemy patterns that just can't be brute-forced through. Looking at you, BLK 9.

One thing I love about this game is that even though it's really hard, it's fair. Probably even more than the first game. Pretty much all my deaths felt like they were my fault rather than cheapness or a random generator. Even stuff like the medusa heads can be timed consistently and avoided once you see how they work. Took me about a week or 2 of solid playing to beat, but it was fun.
SS FC: 0561 1833 0171
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  3. My hats off to people who legit beat this game without cheats
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A