• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 8 Eyes
  3. Hints for boss order?

User Info: SargeSmash

SargeSmash
1 year ago#1
So most guides tell you the proper boss order, but I'm wondering, does the game (or manual) actually give hints outside of the "go to a country close to France" to help figure out the rest of the progression? Or does it simply revolve around "play until you figure it out"?

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
1 year ago#2
if it's like the mazes, I'm assuming it's a "Play until you figure it out" scenario

also doesn't help that each new sword replaces the old one, so if you guess wrong (and you likely will) you're pretty much screwed for the rest of the game

it's like if Mega Man only let you keep one RM weapon at a time
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
Don't be a turd. - Chris Pratt
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: SargeSmash

SargeSmash
1 year ago#3
Yeah, I was just wondering if I was missing something entirely. I suppose having a password lets you not get too messed up, since as soon as you found one, you could just trial and error from there. And your odds of getting it right get better as you go.

User Info: Binta

Binta
7 months ago#4
If you have the manual, you can make use of this strategy: match the color of your sword with the color of the jewel carried by the boss. (i.e. if you have a red sword, go after whoever carries a red jewel.)

Without the manual, however, there's no way to know who carries what color jewel.
"If drumsticks are for playing drums, you'd think breadsticks would be for playing bread, wouldn't you?" ~George Carlin

User Info: SBAndross

SBAndross
7 months ago#5
Binta posted...
If you have the manual, you can make use of this strategy: match the color of your sword with the color of the jewel carried by the boss. (i.e. if you have a red sword, go after whoever carries a red jewel.)

Without the manual, however, there's no way to know who carries what color jewel.

Yes, the manual tells you which boss has which jewel.
https://archive.org/stream/NESManuals/8%20Eyes%20%28USA%29#page/n11/mode/2up

I've always said that game manuals in the NES era were like mini Player's Guides, often containing vital information not found in the game itself. Like how the StarTropics manual came with a letter that you needed in order to progress past chapter 4.
Only I have the brains to rule GameFAQs!
http://i.imgur.com/BKtsb.png
  1. Boards
  2. 8 Eyes
  3. Hints for boss order?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A