• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Steel Talons
  3. Goodbye everyone.

User Info: fe0n1x

fe0n1x
9 years ago#1
Well, you probably don't know this about me, but I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. One of the things that you can do as a member of my church is to go serve as a missionary. You've probably seen them around. They're the guys that are wearing suits, riding bikes, yeah. I'm gonna go be one of those guys.

I'm saying goodbye everyone. I really liked this place. I liked being here, I liked talking to people. I liked watching stuff happen. But this is goodbye. I'm leaving for two years. I'm going to stop lurking online and in real life. I've been lurking and just sitting by watching stuff happen in the real world. I'm off to go change that. I'm off to go get some experience points. Hopefully I'll gain a few levels. I think I've found happiness, and I'm going to go share what I've found.

I initially came to GameFAQs to get advice on video games since I was so horrifically bad at them. I lurked here because I saw others with interesting things to say. I posted here because I wanted to try to become a person with interesting things to say. I went back to lurking because I thought I had failed. Who's to say I did or didn't fail? Only me. I say I failed because I gave up. I've spent so much time here, I feel like there should be more to show for it. Something to say I was here, and that I had fun. I have nothing but the memories of my experiences.

However, I figured out something. Life's an RPG. You don't get any experience points for an activity until you DO that activity. If I want to be a better writer you don't get that way by aging and suddenly you can write. No, you get to be a better writer by writing. If you want to be a better poster, you have to post. Sure, the first few thousand posts won't be that great. But continue pressing forward. Keep gaining experience points with everything you do. Your posting ability will "Level Up." You'll get better at it over time! But you have to start, you have to continue. And if you feel yourself in a rut, YOU MUST RECOVER! Adjust what you want to do. Get those first thousand push-ups, posts, song notes, video editing, photoshops, computer programs, under your belt. It'll take a while, but the more you do it, the better you'll be at it. It would be so much easier if you could quantifiably watch your experience meter go up and watch the points and progress you're making, But there's no way to see that in real life. But it will happen, you'll be leveling up, trust me. Keep finishing, keep trying new things. You don't get any experience points until you actually do it! Life's an RPG, so level up!

I'm off to go level up. See y'all again in two years.
^__^

User Info: Volt7x

Volt7x
9 years ago#2
You're...leaving? Well, we'll miss you, but hopefully this topic can be kept alive until you get back. =O
(>^.^)>©
«sig·filler»

User Info: fe0n1x

fe0n1x
9 years ago#3
Yeah... I'm leaving in about an hour. I'm just putting my internet life in order before I go.
Thanks for the support, it'd be great if someone kept this topic alive when I'm gone. But hey, at least it's archived, I'll still be able to read it when I get back if all else fails.
^__^
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=586998&topic=53602403

User Info: ender003

ender003
9 years ago#4
I remember when I almost became a Mormon.
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.

User Info: Time

Time
9 years ago#5
Interesting philosophy.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. -some random user.
http://imgh.us - Free Image Hosting

User Info: the_k_nine

the_k_nine
9 years ago#6
I Love You! and your philosophy.
I usually get angry when anyone leaves but you are doing it for a good reason.
I don't know you at all, but I'll miss you for these two years.
I Love This ... This Is What I Live For!
I'm absolutely crazy about it!
-- Dante

User Info: Volt7x

Volt7x
9 years ago#7
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: FrozenTime

FrozenTime
9 years ago#8
Well, I guess I'm a bit late to the Goodbye party. Good luck and goodbye anyways!
I'll try to help keep this topic and the guestbook alive while you're gone.
Petition to Include Posting Information in Post Preview:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=49376686

User Info: Rawat

Rawat
9 years ago#9
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: the_k_nine

the_k_nine
9 years ago#10
Bump.
Shoot To Kill.
  1. Boards