• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  3. Wow, OO starts tomorrow and the board is dead!

User Info: Wildkatt

Wildkatt
12 years ago#11
Yeah, but the writers of the show have been pretty half assed with the sub-plots as of late...

Animated? Does it really need to be? I feel ill...
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy III, Castlevania PoR
PoR Friend Code: 1632-9499-5705 FFIII: 0902-8232-0525

Wildkatt
12 years ago#12
Double post, but I don't think Mystic Force was a failure. It was just rushed with not enough episodes to give a good ending and epilogue. (No cross-over hurt it too...)

User Info: RedLion2000

RedLion2000
12 years ago#13
Have you seen Magiranger though? There are MAJOR differences between the two that are clearly the fault of the NZ production company.
Human beings are smart; people are stupid.
Qualities recognized: Knowledge, Luck, Bravery, Spirit, Tactics, Ability, Guts

Wildkatt
12 years ago#14
56k sadly has a limitation when it comes to watching streaming vids, so no Magiranger for me..

That said, I don't doubt that the story has changed a lot (for the worse) from Japan to US... They always do, some plot points might survive, but the overall story seems to always change.

Mystic Force was overall a decent season plagued by plot holes, and a horrible ending. There was only one actual bad episode, (Code Busters) and the rest bottomed out at average.

OO didn't give me the tingle during the opening that SPD and Dino Thunder did...

RedLion2000
12 years ago#15
Well, let me just make this one point about the transition that really pissed me off.

Disney and its affiliations are more-or-less FAMILY-based. Magiranger was about a FAMILY of Magicians. Mystic Force is about a group of non-related teenagers chosen to save the world with magic. Sure, Vida and Madison were sisters, and even Udonna, Leanbow, and Nick were biologically related, but that's as far as that goes. What the flying ****? Someone explain that piece of crap to me.

User Info: StarFighters76

StarFighters76
12 years ago#16
Plot-wise, I'd say MF is a step-up from SPD. Don't get me wrong, I liked SPD alot, but it's overall continous plot kinda sucked (as in way too many filler episodes).
If it's meant to be, then it's not meant for me.
If it's not meant to be, then it's meant for me.

RedLion2000
12 years ago#17
Oh, SPD was great except for a few episodes that didn't make much sense, like Missing with that 'Ultimate Master'. What the hell was he the 'Ultimate Master' of anyway, looking completely stupid with the giant braid?

User Info: StarFighters76

StarFighters76
12 years ago#18
SPD had alot going for it: Sky's dad, Cruger's wife, Jack and Z's backstory. Those got very little exposure (except for maybe "Reflection", but still). As well as a nice little focus on Omega Ranger. I mean yeah, we know who he is, but he shows up, gets one or two focus moments, and that's it.
If it's meant to be, then it's not meant for me.
If it's not meant to be, then it's meant for me.

RedLion2000
12 years ago#19
That's because they altered a lot of the footage concerning him due to the circumstances of the character. If there was an actual actor behind Sam/Omega, they could have done the focus like in the original material for 'Reflection', but then that would have taken away from Sky's "Why I'm not Red" lamentations. =^_^;=

^>_>^ Making the seasons shorter and shorter each year doesn't seem to help much either.

User Info: FranksandBeans

FranksandBeans
12 years ago#20
omfg how old are you people, get a life
  1. Boards
  2. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  3. Wow, OO starts tomorrow and the board is dead!
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Welcome to the JungleRedLion200043210/11 2:58PM