• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DragonFistAbysi

DragonFistAbysi
1 year ago#1
Friday May 18, 2018
I arrived a little after 11 and started shopping. Usually, I’ll take a few hours to make a run through the market, then made way for the first panel at 1:30PM. Japanese Myth, Culture, and Legend. It covered kubo, the winged robed Tennyo, and the person running the panel went onto explain that every culture on earth has similar legends and drew parallels with certain series like Ceres. She covered Kaguya-hime and then Saiyuki, which is based loosely on historical facts. Mentions - Patalliro Saiyuki, Forbidden Kingdom, and the New Legends of Monkey, which is a remake of Monkey. Kami, and the anime Kamichu were covered. She explained about Limited deity powers. Kami were deities with powers limited to certain areas. Youkai, which kind of like elves, Bakemono, Mamono, and Iyakashi were explained. She referenced Tactis Natsume Yuujincho, and the Great Youkai War. She spoke of ghost, yuurei, seirei, goryuu, and jibakurei. Covery Yotsuya Kaidan which leads into ring. She mentioned a obake no q-tarou, Mononoke, which are generally harmful to humans. Shomen Onmyouji was covered. Talked on Oni who like mountains, Kappa, and the best way to deal with a kappa is to bow low, then run. She mentioned the question of ‘Is Sa Gonju a kappa? Covered Tengu and kitsune, referencing the move Sorcerer and the White Snake. Covered Tanuki and referenced Pom Poko. How Namazu could cause earthquakes. She spoke on how the original dragons in the east were water creatures, and referenced Spirited Water, and covered the quandary if Tai Tei and Taotie and such traditional creatures. She also mentioned how they are gluttons and energy eaters, and covered eastern vampires which eat energy. Covered Makura Gueshi and Nekomata and bakeneko. Tsukumogami and such.
I went shopping after and his the artist alley, met a writer and another comic artist, and got some nice perks. Comic, bookmark and 3x5 card, plus a back door card. Being nice and respectful does pay.
I walked the street to get to the Hyatt, and one of the girls was mostly naked with blue faery wings. She wouldn’t let me take a photo cuz I didn’t know who she was cosplaying. I’d still like to know what it is.
I didn’t buy much else. After that I watched Urara Meirochu which is about a fox girl who goes into a city and starts studying to be a high ranking diviner. Then Monster Musume which covers the sudden revelation that monsters exist and want to get it on with the protagonist. Seven Mortal Sins takes liberties with Christian Mythos. I watched that until Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge came on. The movie fit well into the HxH myths, but wasn’t an especially good movie in my opinion. Yes, I would watch it again.
Saturday 19, 2018
Lunar Legend: Tsukihime was next. I read the entire manga once upon a time, and I think the art there looked far better than the anime. Not a hard accomplishment really. Then was Golga 13 which is about an inhumanly skilled sniper. It’s basically a show which follows the same formula that Lupin III uses.
Karakuri Ninja Girl was next. It is quirky, and aged as well as the funny old anime do, though it was hentai. I used to enjoy the hentai portions, they used to be hilarious, but things just don’t carry anymore. Then I watch some of Living for the Day after Tomorrow. I watched that years ago and didn’t realize it until after the fact.
Eden of the East is about a guy who wiped his memory and spends the series trying to figure out why, and how it serves the betterment of Japan.
I watched Kimikiss: Pure Rouge which was interesting. I had planned to watch Servant x Service, but it turned out to be Bakuman. I watched a little bit of Brothers Conflict about a girl whose mother married into a large family of pop idol brothers.
Not just anyone can be an idiot. It takes skill.

User Info: DragonFistAbysi

DragonFistAbysi
1 year ago#2
Next was Interview with Monster Girls. I liked that. It was a far better series covering the same sort of things as Monster Musume. It’s about a teacher who asks questions from his monster students. After that, I went back to shop. I bought a few things, got some swag and some shirts. A Chinese bamboo hat, too.
I pretty much had what I wanted, so I attended a few of the panels. Japanese Ghost Stories. I tried recording it on my PSP. How good that turned out, who knows? I haven’t checked it yet. I cut out of that after a while and joined the last ten or twenty minutes of another Japanese Myth panel. The last panel I attended, I joined Madoka: from Frills to Faust. After that, I talked to a guy about Dragon Ball Z, the series that were born from its basic plan, and where its faults rested, and how there are now plenty of series which use the same formula and have improved on it.
Fuuka is a romance anime about a girl named Fuuka and a boy named Yuu whose childhood friend is an idol. Erased doesn’t leave much of an impression. Keijo, unfortunately, did. I wasn’t thrilled with an anime about girls who attack each other with their butts. Coppelion left an impression as well. I liked that a lot. Its about girls who were genetically modified to walk through contaminated areas. Dressed as a character from Shimoneta, I was photographed several times. On the whole, I would say it was a so so con, but the panels were really interesting.
Not just anyone can be an idiot. It takes skill.
  • Topic Archived