• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Defenders of Oasis
  3. ............l.....

User Info: DragonFistAbysi

DragonFistAbysi
11 years ago#31
I don't care what they do about the pronunciation. Her name will always be Aeris to me.
Oh...? O.O Shame, shame. Not like I can do anything about it. You won't change no matter what I say. I imagine most people are stubborn because their first exposure to her name was either the correct spelling, or the mistranslation. And Aerith is one of the few characters which really affect people on a large scale with her being killed.

I tried to get that collector's disc; failed, gave up, moved on. I don't have either of the others, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's hard as hell to get your hands on nowadays. Zelda 2...I tried playing a ROM of that once, then decided to ignore it due to the fact that it was too different from the Zelda style. As far as I'm concerned, Zelda 2 isn't a Zelda game.
Well, that's your problem. I like it for what it is. I wonder, if they remade it today, in 3D, would they stay true to the original, or would they do something different? Well, they would probably have to do the random monsters with as immense as the map is.

Fair enough; I'll probably get a ROM anyways. Easier that way.
If I get one, I'll scan the map and e-mail it to you. BTW, you might give SoulBlazer a run, since it is a nice Zelda rip.

No, I did not. Though, it would be nice, I admit. Maybe Wii games, too? Yes, that would be nice...would save me the trouble of finding one of those evil things.
Only problem with the virtual system is that you can't guarantee that you'll get everything that you want. I hear that they don't have Terranigma available on it. Which automatically makes me less interested in Wii for now. Meh. There isn't much on it for me yet anyway.
Lost Abysi author
http://www.lostabysi.net

User Info: Raiha_1324

Raiha_1324
11 years ago#32
Oh...? O.O Shame, shame. Not like I can do anything about it. You won't change no matter what I say. I imagine most people are stubborn because their first exposure to her name was either the correct spelling, or the mistranslation. And Aerith is one of the few characters which really affect people on a large scale with her being killed.

That, and FFVII was the first actual RPG I'd ever played. Aeris made a really big impact, thus.

Well, that's your problem. I like it for what it is. I wonder, if they remade it today, in 3D, would they stay true to the original, or would they do something different? Well, they would probably have to do the random monsters with as immense as the map is.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Still, I just do not like Zelda 2's style; it just wasn't Zelda. It was a Platformer/RPG that just happened to have the Zelda logo.

If I get one, I'll scan the map and e-mail it to you. BTW, you might give SoulBlazer a run, since it is a nice Zelda rip.

Alright. Now, what Zelda game is SoulBlazer a rip of? There are quite a lot of them, after all.

Only problem with the virtual system is that you can't guarantee that you'll get everything that you want. I hear that they don't have Terranigma available on it. Which automatically makes me less interested in Wii for now. Meh. There isn't much on it for me yet anyway.

There isn't much on the Wii for me, either. I'd just like to be able to own and play Brawl, really.
"I have bested fruit, spike and moon! And now I shall best you, The Guy!" ~The Kid, I Wanna Be The Guy

DragonFistAbysi
11 years ago#33
That, and FFVII was the first actual RPG I'd ever played. Aeris made a really big impact, thus.
It could have been at any point in your list, and she would have made an impact.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Still, I just do not like Zelda 2's style; it just wasn't Zelda. It was a Platformer/RPG that just happened to have the Zelda logo.
Yeah, no one ever liked Zelda 2, it's the black sheep of the series, but not the worst concept to hit the Zelda name. I'm sure you know what bares that honor.

Alright. Now, what Zelda game is SoulBlazer a rip of? There are quite a lot of them, after all.
It mimics the style is all. It's a good game tho. It's actually the predecessor of Illusion of Gaia.

There isn't much on the Wii for me, either. I'd just like to be able to own and play Brawl, really.
It's unfortunate, but I never got the chance to play the original Super Smash Bros, so I never developed an interest. But I hope you enjoy it, just the same.

Just saw Click. The new version of the movie. It is a powerful movie I must say.
Lost Abysi author

Raiha_1324
11 years ago#34
It could have been at any point in your list, and she would have made an impact.

This is true.

Yeah, no one ever liked Zelda 2, it's the black sheep of the series, but not the worst concept to hit the Zelda name. I'm sure you know what bares that honor.

I really didn't get too far into the game. I mean, I didn't even get to the first temple before I gave up in disgust. Still, the other Zelda titles all had Zelda's style, regardless of concept. That one just...didn't.

It mimics the style is all. It's a good game tho. It's actually the predecessor of Illusion of Gaia.

Ah...I see. Well, I'll probably have a look at some point.

It's unfortunate, but I never got the chance to play the original Super Smash Bros, so I never developed an interest. But I hope you enjoy it, just the same.

The original was okay, and Melee was fantastic. Still, I won't be able to play it for a while - I still need to save up for the Wii again, then I need to actually find one.

Just saw Click. The new version of the movie. It is a powerful movie I must say.

Was Click the movie where Adam Sandler got a remote that could control the universe? Or am I thinking of something completely different?
"I have bested fruit, spike and moon! And now I shall best you, The Guy!" ~The Kid, I Wanna Be The Guy

DragonFistAbysi
11 years ago#35
I really didn't get too far into the game. I mean, I didn't even get to the first temple before I gave up in disgust. Still, the other Zelda titles all had Zelda's style, regardless of concept. That one just...didn't.
I'm sure there was a reason, but I just don't remember what they reason would be. Of course, the reason they all follow that style is because of the fan's not liking the Zelda 2 style. Course, Miyamoto very likely thought it was a good idea at the time.

Ah...I see. Well, I'll probably have a look at some point.
Well, don't be too harsh on it when you start, it starts slow, but it gets pretty good eventually, tho you'll more than likely need help finding the Pheonix items.

The original was okay, and Melee was fantastic. Still, I won't be able to play it for a while - I still need to save up for the Wii again, then I need to actually find one.
Finding them is easy, but it really depends on the area. This area I've seen them on the shelves in various stores quite often and would have never guessed that they were so popular if I went by that.

Was Click the movie where Adam Sandler got a remote that could control the universe? Or am I thinking of something completely different?
Nope, you got it. You realize that this is a remake tho, right? I never watched the original beyond five minutes, but there was another movie which followed the same concept, but that is about all I know. My father showed it to me when I was a kid.

I was watching WitchBlade anime, and they showed Return of the Dead. Very trippy movie.
Lost Abysi author

Raiha_1324
11 years ago#36
I'm sure there was a reason, but I just don't remember what they reason would be. Of course, the reason they all follow that style is because of the fan's not liking the Zelda 2 style. Course, Miyamoto very likely thought it was a good idea at the time.

This is most likely true. Regardless, it is a scar on the memory of the series, and really needn't be mentioned any further.

Well, don't be too harsh on it when you start, it starts slow, but it gets pretty good eventually, tho you'll more than likely need help finding the Pheonix items.

I may, I may not. Are they necessary for the plot of the game? I'm honestly not the type to go 100% when it comes to games, most of the time.

Finding them is easy, but it really depends on the area. This area I've seen them on the shelves in various stores quite often and would have never guessed that they were so popular if I went by that.

Finding one here is apparently next to impossible at the moment. Quite a shame, really.

Nope, you got it. You realize that this is a remake tho, right? I never watched the original beyond five minutes, but there was another movie which followed the same concept, but that is about all I know. My father showed it to me when I was a kid.

I did not know this. Either way, the movie was pretty good; not great, but pretty good.

I was watching WitchBlade anime, and they showed Return of the Dead. Very trippy movie.

I'll just have to take your word for it.

DragonFistAbysi
11 years ago#37
This is most likely true. Regardless, it is a scar on the memory of the series, and really needn't be mentioned any further.
Yeah, tho I still think it's a decent stand alone game for its time. Even tho it doesn't stand well as a Zelda title.

I may, I may not. Are they necessary for the plot of the game? I'm honestly not the type to go 100% when it comes to games, most of the time.
Well, for the plot, no, but they are required to beat the game. I'm sure some would argue that tho. I suggest using a guide to find them unless you like looking for things. One part of the game is collecting items which have some nice rewards instead of bull**** items. Example being an item which gives infinite Magic. I don't blame you. I've been playing too many lately. A lot of it relies on you having a good memory. Like there is a bard who needs some Harp strings. I know where they are, but they are extremely easy to miss.

Finding one here is apparently next to impossible at the moment. Quite a shame, really.
I'd offer to pick one up here for you, but there are just too many things that can go wrong.

I did not know this. Either way, the movie was pretty good; not great, but pretty good.
Yeah, I think the best part of the movie is the message it gives, but it's really just the same message passed out by so many other stories. I don't that there are no consequences at the end. However, it demonstrates the consequences. I wonder what message people would take from my story.

I'll just have to take your word for it.
Haven't seen it? Don't want to see it? o-o Well, it isn't uninteresting, but I don't think it's very well done either.
Lost Abysi author

Raiha_1324
11 years ago#38
Yeah, tho I still think it's a decent stand alone game for its time. Even tho it doesn't stand well as a Zelda title.

I refuse to play that game to find out if that is the case.

Well, for the plot, no, but they are required to beat the game. I'm sure some would argue that tho. I suggest using a guide to find them unless you like looking for things. One part of the game is collecting items which have some nice rewards instead of bull**** items. Example being an item which gives infinite Magic. I don't blame you. I've been playing too many lately. A lot of it relies on you having a good memory. Like there is a bard who needs some Harp strings. I know where they are, but they are extremely easy to miss.

I see. That sounds tedious.

I'd offer to pick one up here for you, but there are just too many things that can go wrong.

Just giving a stranger over the internet my address is intrinsically problematic.

Yeah, I think the best part of the movie is the message it gives, but it's really just the same message passed out by so many other stories. I don't that there are no consequences at the end. However, it demonstrates the consequences. I wonder what message people would take from my story.

I watched it as a comedy, got some laughs, but didn't look for any message. Then again, I generally don't look for messages in film. Or, for that matter, any non-Disney work of fiction.

Haven't seen it? Don't want to see it? o-o Well, it isn't uninteresting, but I don't think it's very well done either.

Mostly just apathy regarding the subject. I'll see it if I see it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to see it.

DragonFistAbysi
11 years ago#39
I refuse to play that game to find out if that is the case.
Your call.

I see. That sounds tedious.
Depends, once you know where to find everything, it's fun. There are only three items, but once you know where they are, it's interesting. They can be hard to find, but it shouldn't be too bad. The problem with finding the phoenix items hard, is that the creatures you fight to get them, require a special sword that you don't get until late in the game. The first time you play, you could easily forget the locations. It's the emblems that are a hassle to find. But you don't need them anyway.

Just giving a stranger over the internet my address is intrinsically problematic.
There is that too. On the other hand, I prefer to have a mail box, so I don't give that much of a thought anymore. I don't blame you, I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to such things. Fact is, you don't know whether I'm a man or woman. You only have a guess to go by. Even if I say, you don't know if I'm being honest.

I watched it as a comedy, got some laughs, but didn't look for any message. Then again, I generally don't look for messages in film. Or, for that matter, any non-Disney work of fiction.
Well, it is a comedy. But it is basically saying, You should not let your life pass you by, or you will miss so many precious moments, and you'll only have regret to go with your life. I don't even remember the last Disney film I saw. Fact is, any work of fiction you pick up from Star Wars to that interesting little faceless book in the corner, each has a message that made them interesting. Do you know what the message is from Lord of the Rings?

Mostly just apathy regarding the subject. I'll see it if I see it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to see it.
I certainly didn't.
Lost Abysi author

Raiha_1324
11 years ago#40
Depends, once you know where to find everything, it's fun. There are only three items, but once you know where they are, it's interesting. They can be hard to find, but it shouldn't be too bad. The problem with finding the phoenix items hard, is that the creatures you fight to get them, require a special sword that you don't get until late in the game. The first time you play, you could easily forget the locations. It's the emblems that are a hassle to find. But you don't need them anyway.

I suppose...regardless, that is something to think about later, after I've beaten the games I'm playing currently (I'm making decent progress in Ocarina of Time, though I can't help but notice that I really need to get more heart containers. The amount I have right now is about 1 above the minimum).

There is that too. On the other hand, I prefer to have a mail box, so I don't give that much of a thought anymore. I don't blame you, I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to such things. Fact is, you don't know whether I'm a man or woman. You only have a guess to go by. Even if I say, you don't know if I'm being honest.

I've thought about the whole post office box thing. Then again, I decided it wasn't worth it. For all I know, that costs money. I don't have money to throw around. Even if it doesn't cost money...well, I'm sure there's some other reason not to get one. Regardless, I'm not willing to bother at the moment.

Well, it is a comedy. But it is basically saying, You should not let your life pass you by, or you will miss so many precious moments, and you'll only have regret to go with your life. I don't even remember the last Disney film I saw. Fact is, any work of fiction you pick up from Star Wars to that interesting little faceless book in the corner, each has a message that made them interesting. Do you know what the message is from Lord of the Rings?

No, I don't. Then again, I haven't touched those books in a good seven years, and even then I didn't finish them. I did see the movies (as they were released in theaters), though...on that note, I don't look for message in fiction for one simple reason: unless the author says something about the message, I just don't think it's there.

I certainly didn't.

Fair enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Defenders of Oasis
  3. ............l.....
  • Topic Archived