Why oh why does the Bishop class suck so hard?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warsong
  3. Why oh why does the Bishop class suck so hard?

User Info: Amuseum

Amuseum
8 years ago#21
That being said, I wouldn't even take Mina saint anymore, since the Archmage is superior now in almost every way.

Saint gets a heal, and 2 more D on revision, but the Arch mage has more mana and fireball 2 is the same as tornado, plus earthquake. It also has 33 attack.

Saint and monks make the last scene a walk in the park. On the other hand, archers are generally better.

Arch mage stats does seem overboard. 32/20 Should be good enough. I want enemy arch mages to be pretty tough.

In response to your first point, sure, bishop is better than most knight classes, but if Mina has a better option readily available... why not just take that instead? Makes a lot more sense.

Saint is so much better than anything that Archmage can do. Higher stats, best revision bonuses in the game, awesome spells...

You can get bishops much earlier than saints since priestess takes forever to level. Which means by the time you get saint, bishop has devastating level 5 spells. Also bishops and arch mages have the best troop in the game, namely archers. +9/+2 to archers is ridiculous. Sure monks get +9/+4 but somehow they are not as effective as archers except against undead. By the way, Bishops also get bonus against Undead.*

Arch mage and archers attacks first. They can defeat the enemy even before they can attack back. Because archers attack first, they have a higher to chance to hurt commanders. This is something monks and other troops cannot do.

* There's only two undead units and they appear very late in the game. Maybe I could make werewolf become undead?
http://shenafu.com/imgd/randomart/deviantart.png http://shenafu.com/imgd/randomart/comic_bc.png
http://shenafu.com/imgd/poem/kaytse.png

User Info: TSDx

TSDx
8 years ago#22
The problem with lowering the Arch Mages defense is, as an enemy commander they will no longer be challenging. 20 DF means anyones archers is going to eat them alive.

Maybe 31/24 instead of 33/24? That puts them in line with Bishops on commander stats.

TSDx
8 years ago#23
^^ Whoops, meant that put them in line with Saints on stats.

I kind of see the undead as a moot point. By the time you get to 18/19/20, where you actually face undead, you should have several commanders with their final class and decent levels to devastate them with spells. Also GK Garret with warsong still makes them a joke.

TSDx
8 years ago#24
No new posts on the board in over a week, I guess I have to fix that.

Would it be possible to hack the game to remove the 8 commander limit for the enemy side?

TSDx
7 years ago#25
So has anyone else finished Amuseum's hack?

User Info: tonicpalin

tonicpalin
7 years ago#26
who the hell uses bishop? and the final scenario will murder all your troops if you don't have monks.

TSDx
7 years ago#27
I never use monks on the final stage and its ridiculously easy. You don't even need troops, just commanders.

User Info: tonicpalin

tonicpalin
7 years ago#28
meh. i just prefer a more well-balanced team and use everyone.
  1. Boards
  2. Warsong
  3. Why oh why does the Bishop class suck so hard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived