• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  3. Is there a easy way to get the Emeralds?

User Info: seanay

seanay
3 months ago#1
I’m terrible at the blue sphere special stage and it’s frustrating me, and the debug mode never saves that you have them all
PSN - cosmic_sean

User Info: CosmicOtter

CosmicOtter
2 months ago#2
seanay posted...
I’m terrible at the blue sphere special stage and it’s frustrating me, and the debug mode never saves that you have them all

What I did when I was practicing these was just pause to create my own "slow down" effect. Also, I wouldn't worry about getting "perfect"s on all of them (that is, collecting all the rings on each board and beating the stage) because all they really do is shoot up your score and give you a ton of extra lives you probably wouldn't need.

There's no other way to get the emeralds than to finish these stages. You could also use save states if you're playing on any sort of compilation disc or through an emulator. As someone who used to be able to get "perfect" on all 7 blue sphere stages pretty consistently, I honestly wouldn't blame you for going this route as they're a PITA.

User Info: M1dnightRider

M1dnightRider
4 weeks ago#3
There's only 1 reason to get the emeralds(well, 2 since Super can be enjoyable in it's own right), which requires the full game(this locked into Sonic & Knuckles, or whatever rom hacks you might go with, or whatever). The true final stage/ending, which only Sonic can get.

Once you complete the game, if you didn't get all the emeralds, just go back to the first one you know how to find, and reset the game as needed until you do it.

Then you have stage select on top of being able to go Super(or Hyper, if you are playing the full game, as you'll retroactively miss out on Super if you don't get the Sonic 3 emeralds before Mushroom Hill zone).

Long story short, they're meant for a bonus way to play the game, or the true ending, so don't feel like you absolutely have to do it. Just have fun with the game, and if you want to get the emeralds, go back through it after you beat it(which I think is still doable if you're only playing the Sonic 3 half of the game).
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  3. Is there a easy way to get the Emeralds?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A