• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  3. Please Mr. JACKSON

User Info: FollOwr

FollOwr
6 months ago#1
Find it in your heart to let sega release this game. If you do i promise to moonwalk for you.

User Info: Cicka2

Cicka2
6 months ago#2
I think it's 50% michael jackson, 50% sega's stupidity.

No one from sega never gave an explanation on why they can't replace the MJ songs with the beta songs for the PC release.
They already did it Crazy Taxi many times and no one cared that it's missing the original music.

User Info: kizuxtheo

kizuxtheo
5 months ago#3
Heck, if anything the latest Cybershell video on S3&K made me realize how the beta songs don't sound all that bad with the Genesis instruments instead of the weird PC version, I wouldn't be opposed to a version using those tracks being released to circumvent the weird music licensing.

Honestly, I would've cried more about the fact that SEGA won't re-release this game several months ago but man, Angel Island Revisited is such a great remaster of the original game, at this point I stopped caring if SEGA doesn't care and just enjoy how fans do what a multimillion company won't do.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#4
Cicka2 posted...
No one from sega never gave an explanation on why they can't replace the MJ songs with the beta songs for the PC release.

kizuxtheo posted...
Heck, if anything the latest Cybershell video on S3&K made me realize how the beta songs don't sound all that bad with the Genesis instruments instead of the weird PC version, I wouldn't be opposed to a version using those tracks being released to circumvent the weird music licensing.

At this point, I'm still feeling stubborn enough to say if it doesn't release with the original retail ost, then don't release it at all.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: M1dnightRider

M1dnightRider
1 month ago#5
He's been dead for 11-12 years now.

I think that's been the issue. Sega knew where they stood with him. Whoever holds the copyright to his music now would be the issue.

Hacking the beta music into the game would seem like the optimal work around, but I don't know if they're aware of the possibility of taking that avenue, or if even that music isn't copyright by someone.

User Info: FollOwr

FollOwr
3 weeks ago#6
M1dnightRider posted...
He's been dead for 11-12 years now.

I think that's been the issue. Sega knew where they stood with him. Whoever holds the copyright to his music now would be the issue.

Hacking the beta music into the game would seem like the optimal work around, but I don't know if they're aware of the possibility of taking that avenue, or if even that music isn't copyright by someone.
Thats horrible how did he die?

1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  3. Please Mr. JACKSON
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A