• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: 1337zombie

1337zombie
3 years ago#1
Did any of you ever try the Sonic 3 Complete mod? Ive been going through it recently for my channel and its actually pretty decent. Still found a few exploits here and there but they really polished it up pretty well. What do you guys think? I don't know how I didn't see that mod earlier.
youtube.com/evilzombie
Sabertooth X79, 32GB GSKILL Ripjaws Z @1866, i7 3820 @ 4GHz, MSI GTX 680 Lightning, CM Gold 1200W, SSD 120GB, Velociraptor 1TB

User Info: cinosgaming

cinosgaming
3 years ago#2
uh, its a rom hack for sure, but flashcarts are expensive and keyboard controls suck

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
3 years ago#3
I thought a lot of classic series fans knew about it? Or at least someone vocal almost always brings it up whenever there's a discussion about Sonic 3 or remasters. Something people have to realize about Sonic 3 Complete is that it was never really complete, instead being in constant progress; they just released a version whenever there was a major update, so it always seemed finished. Development stagnated to the point where the remaining members recently broke off due to having different visions on how to improve the game and internal disagreements with current and upcoming features, so IIRC it's either dead or on hiatus. There might be a fork or spinoff, but the future is uncertain. I still think the best way to play the game is to play through Sonic the Hedgehog 3 standalone, then resume your save file on Sonic 3 & Knuckles eight and a half months later =p.

Also, cinos, ever heard of a USB gamepad? Pretty sure you can even use modern console controllers on PC, except Nintendo which would require a third-party adapter.
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

User Info: 1337zombie

1337zombie
3 years ago#4
I've actually been playing through it on the Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics app they have on steam using my 360 controller. But yeah sonic 3, still one of the best sonics of all time for sure.
youtube.com/evilzombie
Sabertooth X79, 32GB GSKILL Ripjaws Z @1866, i7 3820 @ 4GHz, MSI GTX 680 Lightning, CM Gold 1200W, SSD 120GB, Velociraptor 1TB

User Info: Ninja-Yatsu

Ninja-Yatsu
3 years ago#5
I should try it some time.
Be careful! This site is kind of strict when it comes to mentioning... certain file types.

Ever try the Sonic Heroes one?
Leleportation: Teleporting away while your laughter breaks physics by lingering when you've already teleported away.

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
3 years ago#6
Oh wow, on the topic of..mods, here's one to certainly look out for in the near future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_aal1U7bGQ

It comes directly from the founder of Traveller's Tales and the game's own head manager/designer/programmer. 2017 is the year where promoted fans made an official game (Sonic Mania) and a former creator makes a fan modification (Sonic 3D Director's Cut). It wouldn't be the first time that people originally involved in officially licensed products assisted with unofficial efforts (Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3: The Trial, Sonic the Comic - Online!, Sea3on, that spec film with Jaleel White, etc.), but this is wholly his work revisited. Interesting.

He's also open to suggestions in the comments section.
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A