• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dune: The Battle for Arrakis
  3. Now I Do Some Capturing

User Info: markericks

markericks
7 months ago#1
I just want to say thank you to they who made those FAQ/Walkthroughs, largely because they helped me understand about building capture. I don't know if the instruction manual said anything about that or not, because the only way I've ever played this "Dune" game is on a used Sega cartridge I gained without its instruction manual(like most of my Genesis collection). They're right that in some ways it can be a pain in the frammis to do so. But it's often worth it to me. In the second-to-last Atreides mission, I had them capture the Ordos vehicle factory and make a Deviator that was blue, even though its figure was still green on the factory's icon. Then came a red Harkonnen Devastator to try to destroy the captured factory, and my Deviator turned it blue, and I ordered it to self-destruct I found that funny. In the final Ordos mission, I had them capture Emperor Frederick's vehicle factory and make both Devastators and Sonic Tanks. And in the final Harkonnen mission, I'd never before thought I'd see red Ornithopters serving House Harkonnen, but after capturing the Emperor's high-tech factory, well,... Also, for all houses, I've found that if I capture a rocket turret and the enemy does destroy it soon after, funny as it may seem, the enemy will treat that space as if it were mine to begin with,and will never rebuild it on that space again. That's an easier way to increase space my guys can move through without getting wiped out than getting an MCV near enemy turf, or getting in deep enough to reach their construction yard. And once versus the Emperor, I heard "Death Hand approaching!" and saw the explosion just past my captured rocket turret--it served as bait to draw the Death Hand from my main base. Thanks, guys!
  1. Boards
  2. Dune: The Battle for Arrakis
  3. Now I Do Some Capturing
  • Topic Archived