• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp
  3. So how bout those Mets

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
5 years ago#21
This seems to be the year of the shift. Every team seems to do it now. The Rays used to do it quite a bit; whenever I would watch their games, Joe Maddon would have his infield shift against righties and lefties. The Yankees shift a lot and I remember they were talking about teams using defensive shifts during a game and the Astros were among the teams to shift the most.

User Info: downtime

downtime
5 years ago#22
I was watching the game last weekend on ESPN(or maybe it was the weekend before) and they were talking about it then and that is what got me to noticing it...I remember teams shifting when David Ortiz would come to the plate but it seems to be almost constant now for left handed hitters.

billyb2004
5 years ago#23
It doesn't matter who is at bat, teams will shift anyway. Teams are shifting on rookies too.

downtime
5 years ago#24
To me that is just wrong. Some left handed hitters can hit to the opposite field as well as pulling the ball.

billyb2004
5 years ago#25
Yep, but they must think the majority of the time they will hit right in into the shift so they prefer to play it that way.

So after the first two games of the Subway Series, the Mets look like world beaters. I've watched plenty of their games this season and their offense has not looked that good all season. Their pitching is still on par but their offense at Yankee Stadium was unbelievable. I don't think they will score that many runs tonight at home against Tanaka.

downtime
5 years ago#26
Plus, hasn't the Yankee pitching been off due to all the injuries? Tanaka is about the only one not with a injury so far isn't he?

I started last night watching the Astros Rangers and the Astros gave up 4 runs in the first 4 innings...then the Ranger pitcher started off shaky in the 5th and once they pulled him the Astros started to hit...they ended up winning 5-4!

billyb2004
5 years ago#27
Tanaka and Kuroda are the only two in the rotation who are healthy.

The Astros are on a roll!

downtime
5 years ago#28
Well, they were till they started playing the White Sox...so far the series is split at one game each...

billyb2004
5 years ago#29
The Astros won the series!

downtime
5 years ago#30
^_^

They have a 3 game winning streak going!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp
  3. So how bout those Mets
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Lucky number 13billyb2004 (M)1075/17 3:36PM