You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ms. Pac-Man
  3. *post-credits sequence* A gnarled hand punches out from a grave...

User Info: Lucklarin

Lucklarin
2 months ago#1
...Silly as it sounds, I just now woke up from a dream about this place (night shift crew represent?), and immediately had to see if it still existed. I guess I was just afraid after all this time of visiting the old stomping grounds only to find all my old buddies just having unceremoniously vanished into the ether, but - wow! A bit sobering to think that our little secret forum has had a pulse for nearly two decades, eh? (my last post was in two thousand and nine?!) Seriously though, the fact that anybody continued to care about this little shared sliver of our past is genuinely heartwarming.

Bubbagump! A doctor! Congratulations! I wound up working in pulmonary rehab, so I guess I'll be taking orders from you from now on.

bohdave! So you're an uncle now? Remind me what you do! The sight of your name set some old gray matter a-quiverin', but damned if I can connect those blurry dots with my ten-years-older think machine.

Everybody else! (There IS an everybody else, right? ...Right... right...) Jester & the old crew, hope you're still kickin' out there in this weird old 2019 of ours.
I think, therefore I am... I think?

User Info: bohdave

bohdave
2 months ago#2
Welcome back! I like the way you phrased it about the board - "has a pulse" - couldn't have put it better myself. It may appear to be dead but there will always be that spark of life, hah! It's funny but even though I've been here for something like 14 or 15 years I still feel like the "new guy" since you and Bubba and the others were already entrenched when I arrived!

What do I do? Hmm, that's a, uh, complicated subject. Perhaps one day there'll be something worth saying, but for now let's just leave it at that.

So, are you sticking around or do we have to wait for 2029?
...and therein was set as a crown the Gorgon, grim of aspect, glaring terribly, and about her were Terror and Rout.

Lucklarin
2 months ago#3
You'll have my answer in about... 3,556 hours? Kidding.

Funny how that social status stayed entrenched after those 14 - 15 years, ain't it? We're due for that influx of newcomers any day now, get you your own "new guy" to refill the coffee pot.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Bubbagump

Bubbagump
2 months ago#4
It's great to hear from you again Luck! Hehe. No worries about taking orders from me. I became a doctor of history, which there are a LOT of jobs for let me tell you! So I'm back in school going for a librarian degree. One more year to go. I may be broke but hopefully I will land a steady forever job.

There have been a few passersby... edubs posted for a while but left. Blitz stops by every few years. Moogle posted a couple times maybe... 5-10 years ago? I don't remember. And didn't Kota come back once? We have had other random folks stop by. So yeah. Not as happening like we used to, but still happening!

And bohdave I hope you don't feel like a newbie! My goodness you are a grizzled old vet like the rest of us! When this community is near 20 years old, 1 or 2 years ain't that much of a difference. Hehe. I hope you are doing good, Luck! Is your sister doing ok? Haven't heard from her in a while either. I remember we all used to get on instant messenger in what... 2001? We were all babies... my only worry about anyone from the group was Jester. He confided in me about some personal life stuff, and I just hope he wound up ok. He wanted to come visit the states one day and stop by and see me. We were both just teenagers then. I guess he never made it... people grow up and move on I guess. Now we are all in our 30s... my goodness.

I need to stop being so introspective. I'm just glad to see there is still some life left here. bohdave has kept the flame burning far better than I could've. Hopefully the flame keeps burning to guide everyone back home... at least once every few years. I miss you guys. Gonna stop rambling now. It's late and I'm old-man tired.
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred

Lucklarin
1 month ago#5
Wellll, maybe I won't recommend any treatment modalities to the pulmonologist on your behalf, then (what kinda history? Inquiring minds...)

Dunno how well you remember ianthefira (me ol' sis) from waaay back when, but she got her masters in library science a couple years back, so good on you keeping an underappreciated and disrespected flame a-burning. It's tough job-seeking, but it's a tight-knit field, so network network network.

I think Jester was doing better... ish. The last time I talked to him (04 - 05?), I'd talked him around to hitting the gym and taking better care of himself; he'd even picked up a girlfriend I chatted with a couple times, so here's hoping he stayed on the up-and-up.

I can confirm that blitz is still kicking; I visited him (and his wife and kid!?) just last fall. Still trying to make time in my academic schedule to get some ages-overdue online gaming going. Ah, responsibilities...

And yeah, absolutely all props to you and bohdave for keeping the porch light on. Like I said, I was actually kind of afraid to come back on the off-chance I'd find that the Terrible Tyrant Time would've erased all traces of our pleasant lil' so-and-so. So. Good on yas.

User Info: Kota

Kota
1 month ago#6
Hey Luck! Good to see ya.

I still check in occasionally, when I remember. I don't really play video games anymore, and I don't post of forums anymore, so remembering to stop by gamefaqs is not at the forefront of my mind.

However, this board meant a lot to me back in the day, and I sincerely thank you all for being part of it.

Bubba and bohdave, you all are insane in the best possible way for keeping this board alive. I don't know why you do it, but it is very much appreciated.

Wow.

Is there any archive of our old conversations?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Bubbagump

Bubbagump
4 weeks ago#7
Really Lucklarin? She got a master's in library science?? That's awesome! Does she work at a public library? Does she go the ALA meetings or the SLA? Heck maybe I'll run into her sometime!

Good to hear about Jester. That's awesome about the encouragement and good on him with a girlfriend! He really was a cool dude so I hope he's doing well wherever he was. And yay for blitz. Married AND a kid?? How old is the kid? Wow! I've been married over 4 years now and we've held off on kids until school is done. Like.. we WANT kids. It's just... will we have time for them? We kinda like it just being us. But if we wait too much longer, well... I'm already 34 so either way I'll be an old dad. But that's ok. My dad was 37 when he had me and he's doing just fine. :D

And hey Kota! Great to hear from you! This is awesome how everyone has popped back for this brief moment in time. Didn't there used to be an archived Gamefaqs website though? I don't know if it would've kept any of our old stuff. I think the earliest the messages go back is 2008. Kinda sad but ain't that the way of things. I plan on being around as long as I'm able. At LEAST for the 20 year mark in a couple years. I hope everything's going ok for ya! I hear ya about the video game part. I still love gaming and got tons of stuff I need to play but... time. There just isn't the time like there used to be when we were teenagers. Ah well. Good to see your post. All the best, and until the next time our little board tickles your brain! :D
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred
  1. Boards
  2. Ms. Pac-Man
  3. *post-credits sequence* A gnarled hand punches out from a grave...
More topics from this board...
Last topic I will make here.Bubbagump1605/23 10:25AM