You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ms. Pac-Man
  3. Last topic I will make here.

User Info: Bubbagump

Bubbagump
3 years ago#1
For now! I will try and keep this bumped, for old times sake.
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred

Bubbagump
3 years ago#2
Bubbabump
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred

Bubbagump
3 years ago#3
Not much going on it seems.

Bubbagump
3 years ago#4
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day!

Bubbagump
3 years ago#5
Less than two weeks until a new Star Wars movie!!

User Info: bohdave

bohdave
3 years ago#6
Never say die Bub!
...and pale fear seized me, lest august Persephone might send forth upon me from out of the house of Hades the head of the Gorgon, that awful monster.

bohdave
3 years ago#7
Have you seen it yet? Hopefully I'll be going some time this week before Christmas.
...and pale fear seized me, lest august Persephone might send forth upon me from out of the house of Hades the head of the Gorgon, that awful monster.

Bubbagump
3 years ago#8
Yes! I did manage to see it over the weekend. Overall I thought it was VERY good! All the new characters were very likeable and had good chemistry together! I thought Adam Driver did a pretty good job as the new villain, and Finn's character was just so fun! The lightsaber combat was also very good. It was MUCH different than the prequel trilogy combat, but it makes sense. Those fancy saber combat forms had all died out with the old Jedi, so there was no one really to pass it on. I can see the comparisons to the OT style of combat, and these fights were imbued with a lot more emotion. Very cool stuff. Also, Harrison Ford does a FANTASTIC job as Han. It's almost like he never left the role, and it was cool to see what his character had been up to the last 30 years. My only gripe would be, minor plot issues aside, the music. While the music does a serviceable job and compliments the action when necessary, there weren't really any standout pieces (except for Rey's theme). There was no epic Duel of the Fates or Battle of the Heroes. And I'd be hard pressed to remember any specific piece of music from the movie. Like I said, while it did a decent job, it just wasn't memorable. Luckily, the rest of the movie more than makes up for it. Did I mention the comedy? This was very well done and much more natural than anything in the PT. It wasn't annoying or forced and really seemed genuine. It was the funniest Star Wars out of the whole lot, but that is by no means a bad thing. There is still a lot of seriousness to it, and the ending definitely leaves you wanting more. This is a great next step into the world, and they have built up so much and left so many questions unanswered that I can't wait for 2016 to roll around! I would give the move a 9.5/10. I'll need to see it again to make sure I'm not just on a post-movie high, and I will probably notice more if its faults. But I really really liked it!

Bubbagump
3 years ago#9
Get anything good for Christmas?

bohdave
3 years ago#10
I treated myself to the PS3 version of GTA San Andreas. Nothing special, just an HD update with trophies but it is my favourite game of all time... Unfortunately there seems to be a game-breaking bug where a mission you have to complete to continue the game will freeze the system!!! Wonderful. Just wonderful. Nice to see Rockstar using their GTA 5 billions to put out another solid product!
  1. Boards
  2. Ms. Pac-Man
  3. Last topic I will make here.