• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ms. Pac-Man
  3. an untitled Skyrim adventure

User Info: Electric_Jelly

Electric_Jelly
5 years ago#1
Chapter One
~
Unbound
~~~

"Hey. You. You're finally awake. You were the one trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush. Same as us, and that thief over there," said a Nord in blue mesh armor and fur boots, also bound up, on the seat in front of me, on the carriage carrying us to Helgen.

"Damn you Stormcloaks. Skyrim was fine until you came along. Empire was nice and lazy. I could have stolen that horse and been halfway to Hammerfell," growled the Nord next to the first, also bound, and wearing rags. "You there. We shouldn't be here. It's these Stormcloaks the Empire wants."

"We're all brothers and sisters in binds now, thief," sighed the Stormcloak.

then the Imperial soldier driving the carriage told us to shut up. I looked at who was sitting next to me. Yet another Nord, in upper class clothing and boots, both also acting as armor, and oddly, a gag around his mouth. Also bound up. I'd seen this man before, but I couldn't remember.

"And what's wrong with him, huh?" said the thief, indicating the gagged Nord.

The Stormcloak took offense. "Watch your tongue! That's Ulfric Stormcloak, the TRUE High King!"

"Ulfric? The Jarl of Windhelm? You're the leader of the rebellion. If they've captured you... oh gods, where are they taking us?!"

"I don't know where we're going. But Sovngarde awaits."

We rode a while in silence. I suppose now is a good time to explain who I am. I'm a Nord. My name is Ordeir Frozen-Sea, and I was the captain of a pirate crew that struck Dawnstar and Solitude's ports often. We had recently hit land too hard due to a wind miscalculation, so we had to abandon ship, and aimlessly wandered Skyrim, no better than common bandits. Thankfully, no one ever recognized us, so we just split up and most of us got new jobs, mostly as mercenaries and bodyguards. I think I heard that one became the Jarl of Riften's housecarl. Regardless, I decided to try heading south to Cyrodiil. Obviously, my plan had failed, I was caught in the middle of a skirmish between a lot of Legion soldiers and a few Stormcloaks, and Ulfric Stormcloak. Which brings us back to now.

"Ulfric Stormcloak. Jarl of Windhelm," said the grim, young soldier with the list. Jarl Ulfric took a spot near the chopping block. "Ralof of Riverwood", he followed up with. The Stormcloak soldier took another spot.

"Lokir of Rorikstead". The thief. He was bawling his eyes out.

"No! You can't do this! You're not gonna kill me!" Lokir shouted, running off.

He got killed by some archers. Clearly they were gonna kill him. An Imperial captain sidled up next to the grim soldier.

"Who are you?" The Imperial captain demanded to know.

"I'm Emperor Titus Mede II. Watch, as I ban the worship of another god!"

some of the Stormcloaks started to laugh, and even the grim soldier chuckled. The captain glared at him and he stopped.

"Who. Are. You." Demanded the captain again.

"I am Talos! These ladies and gentleman, the Stormcloaks, they get to go to Sovngarde. You two don't! And the Thalmor with be SMOTE!"

The Stormcloaks laughed more, and the Imperials didn't. "Send him to the damned block. He dies first."

The captain dragged me over and kicked me onto the block. "Cut his head off, this bastard's earned it."

The headsman looked confused, and a loud roar pierced the sky. Then a big black Dragon landed on the tower behind the headsman, and roared loudly. in all the chaos, me and Ralof managed to get out of Helgen. He cut me loose and told me I should go to Riverwood with him. So, off we went.
http://i.imgur.com/4cDfVKE.png
Nice try, Daniel - I just brought back a memory you successfully suppressed.

User Info: Dark_Cecilia

Dark_Cecilia
5 years ago#2
wow.
"The best changes take longest to happen"- Jet_the_hawk79

Electric_Jelly
5 years ago#3
a little list of what which words and references are

Stormcloaks - rebels. the name is taken from Ulfric's name
Hammerfell - another province where the Redguards come from. Redguards are pretty much black people
Nord - basically white people, only taller, and the men are typically muscular
Imperial - normal sized white people
NOTE the Imperial Legion is not only made up of Imperials the race. the name is that because they're mainly based in Cyrodiil, which is the Imperial race's province. but most Legion soldiers in Skyrim are Nords.
Jarl - pronounced 'yarl', basically the king of a hold. they're independent but swear fealty to the High King
Housecarl - bodyguard

reference to the Emperor, twenty years before the game takes place, he signed a peace treaty with the Thalmor called the 'White-Gold Concordat', that generally made the Thalmor in charge of the Empire. it also banned the worship of the god Talos, who was originally the man that MADE the Empire, and was so awesome at ruling, the other eight gods made him one when he died. the elves of the Thalmor are all pissy because they think THEY rule the country, Tamriel, not the Empire established by Talos, so they say 'he's not a god, he's a man, you can't worship him'. the Thalmor have free rule to go out and kill worshipers who are now 'heretics'

to be clear, I think in the game's canon, Talos IS a god, and the Thalmor are wrong

and to be clear, also, Helgen was DESTROYED by the Dragon. and that Dragon will be elaborated on a lot later

Electric_Jelly
5 years ago#4
also, more on the character

imagine his voice as sounding like Lionel Logue in The King's Speech as his speaking voice, and Captain Barbosa (Pirates of the Caribbean) as his yelling voice. believe me, there will be both

also, in a previous engagement on one of his dock attacks with his crew, his left eye is completely white as a result from a sword blindly cutting it. no blood, no weird scar, no icky indentation just a white eye. and a scar running down his eye, from the same cut. his right eye is green.

also he has relatively tanned skin as a result of being above deck often, and darkish gray, long hair (not gray as a result of age, but more of stress - being a pirate isn't easy ya know!), and it kinda looks like lion's mane

he will have a beard. I will describe it after I decide it. a lot of work goes into making characters

User Info: AriDrekiHjarta

AriDrekiHjarta
5 years ago#5
Let me fix something for you.

Skyrim - One of the northern most provinces of Tamerial

Stormcloaks - Rebels fighting for a free Skyrim and independence from the Empire and they have a deep hatred for elves too.

Hammerfall - A warm, barren and rocky province. You visited here during quite a few games.

Nord - The fair haired children of Skyrim. Descendants from the original settlers of Skyrim whom once came from Atmora. Typically fairhaired and blue eyed and they are incredibly resistant to the icy temperatures of Skyrim.

Imperial - These are the citizens of the Empire and they hail from Cyrodill. These people are based off the Romans of Julius Caesers time and they also have a proficiency for speechcraft.

Imperial Legion - The army of the Empire. The majority of their fighting forces in Skyrim are Imperials and Nords but you can expect to see any race within their ranks.

Jarl - They are, actually, more like Counts then Kings. They are largely independent but must swear fealty to the one true High King which none can do until the Moot.

Moot - When the High King dies the Jarls must appoint someone High King. This sets the stage for Skyrim as different holds support different causes.
http://i.imgur.com/gHR8xpR.jpg

Electric_Jelly
5 years ago#6
Chapter Two
~
Before the Storm
~~~
Ralof told me when we arrived in Riverwood that I should go to Whiterun and inform Jarl Balgruuf the Greater of the Dragon attack at Helgen.

"We can't risk the Dragon attacking an unprotected village like Riverwood. We need soldiers. Don't tell him you were sent by a Stormcloak, though, he doesn't much care for us," he told me.

So, I went north to Whiterun, an uneventful trip, and entered the hold's palace, Dragonsreach, to find the Jarl and his steward and housecarl all arguing over the war. I interjected with my news, drawing three simultaneous glares.

"Well... you sought me out on your own initiative... come, let's talk to my court wizard. He's been investigating these... rumors... of Dragons," Balgruuf said. He said it loud enough that the court wizard, the evidently irritable Farengar, heard. "So the Jarl thinks you may be of use to me? Oh, yes, he must be referring to my research into Bleak Falls Barrow," Farengar said quickly.

He told me of a tablet, one that happened to be interred in the main chamber of the Barrow, and told me that it wasn't far from Riverwood, so I set out immediately.

Along the way back south, I ran into a Khajiit. He was crazed, it seemed, and started yelling incoherently.

"Slow down, friend, what's wrong?" I said calmly.

"I am Kharjo! I'm being chased by bandits... I'm a guard for a caravan, or was, we were cut off from each other, and they saw me and wanted to kill me for my armor!!"

Sure enough, at least seven bandits were after him. They all had fur armor, and I needed armor of any kind, seeing as I was only wearing some ragged robes. I got out some jagged dagger I found and tossed it into one of them. It hit the mark and he fell. I was now a target for them. I took a sword from Kharjo's sheathe and dispatched two more in one slash, leaving four left to contend with. I kicked one down to make it three for a little while, clobbered one with the bottom of the sword's handle, grabbed the dagger and got the other two by their throats, plunged the dagger into the one I kicked, and clubbed the last one again with the handle, and he died by that.

I proceeded to take the least bloody armor and donned it right then and there. Kharjo then told me he owed me his life, and became my follower, and so we went to Bleak Falls Barrow together.

When we got there, there were some bandits, no trouble at all. We took them out and entered. After killing some dusty Draugr, we encountered a bandit named Arvel the Swift, caught by a Frostbite spider. He begged us to take him down, in exchange for the treasure. He turned and ran as soon as he was down, I fired an arrow at him and Kharjo ran up and decapitated him.

"Kharjo, trying to show me up?" I chuckled, and he nodded eagerly as a joke. We continued on and found a Draugr Overlord clutching the tablet I needed. I grabbed it, then the Overlord screeched out at me and I melted its face off with a fire spell.

We went back to Whiterun and presented the tablet to Farengar, who had some mysterious woman in the room with him. She congratulated me, and then the Jarl's Hosuecarl told us to get to the Jarl. He had heard reports of a Dragon near Whiterun's western watchtower. Oh boy.

User Info: Dark_Cecilia

Dark_Cecilia
5 years ago#7
this is really hexcellent!
"The best changes take longest to happen"- Jet_the_hawk79
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/-Cecilia-#0 Please click my pokemon!

Electric_Jelly
5 years ago#8
I will post another chapter tomorrow

unless I get bored tonight and post one tonight

Electric_Jelly
5 years ago#9
Intermission Story
~
The Dragon Cult
~~~

A long time before the founding of the Empire, roughly around the time the Nords immigrated from Atmora to Skyrim, Dragons were revered as gods by the Nords, partly because Dragons are immortal, mostly because they're frickin scary to not fear and revere when they tell you to.

This, however, does NOT mean that they were loved.

Almost all of the Dragons aligned their loyalties to Alduin. Every dragon has an inborn desire for power, and Alduin's arrogance took it to a whole new level.

Note that the previous line said ALMOST all.

Some Nords were so loyal to the Dragons, that they were made Priests, with special masks that granted them magical powers.

There was one such Priest, known as Miraak, who was the first Dragonborn.

A Dragonborn is someone with the body of a mortal but the soul and blood of a Dragon. There is much speculation over whether or not the Dragonborn is mortal or immortal, due to the body and soul respectively. Some report that they don't die unless certain circumstances are met. Some report that they die, then time is reversed to a previous "checkpoint" in life; as if a previous save were loaded.

But I digress.

Not even all of the Dragons were fully loyal to Alduin. Alduin, who was unique, even among Dragons, and Firstborn of Akatosh (the 'head of Divines'). One Dragon, Paarthurnax, who was Alduin's second in command, rebelled eventually, discreetly. One Dragon however, was very open in rebelling.

An example was made of him. All Dragons were technically siblings, all related to Alduin, all created by Akatosh.

A Dragonborn can kill a Dragon more efficiently than a regular human. If a human kills a Dragon, the dragon's soul lives and can be brought back using an incantation in the Dragon's language, and only if it's spoken by Alduin, and Alduin doesn't die.

Dragonborns can absorb their souls and meld them with their own. Dragons share the same ability to absorb their brethren souls.

To a Dragon, the idea of mortality is incomprehensible. Therefore, a great torture to them, the greatest, in fact, is to become bound to it.

The rebelling Dragon was bound to mortality by Alduin and his closest lieutenants (Paarthurnax hadn't rebelled yet). They didn't kill him, because that would have been too swift. He had taken down several powerful Dragons, and they had to torture him to make up for it.

They couldn't simply make him mortal, they had to change his form. He became human, a Nord, and that was worse for him because of the significant reduction of body size. He coped because he was still Dragonborn due to having the same soul, and might possibly have still been immortal. Regardless, he joined a group of Nords, Felldir the Old, Hakon One-Eye, and Gormlaith Golden-Hilt, in attempting to disband the Dragon Cult. He was instrumental in retrieving an Elder Scroll, but was unable to attend the final battle against Alduin because Miraak (his Dragonborn brother) was causing some trouble for him.

He did, however, witness the end of the battle.

Electric_Jelly
5 years ago#10
Chapter Three
~
Dragon Rising
~~~

Jarl Balgruuf sent myself, Kharjo, Irileth, and a small group of guards to the watchtower to either find survivors or confront the Dragon. We arrived to find a crazed guard, telling us to stay back. I scanned the sky disinterestedly and saw a dragon flying towards us. Oddly, it looked familiar, and the words allegiance, strong, and hunt came together, then some gibberish... 'Mir... mul... nir...' as I remember it

The Dragon roared and landed, giving us all an opening to pull swords on it. I jabbed my blade through the Dragon's wing, and pulled back, so the hook dragged a hole, grounding it. It turned its head back to bite at me, and I jumped on its head and proceeded to slash and stab all over its neck and head area in general.

"You have to be the craziest bastard I've ever seen," Irileth yelled amongst the chaos.

"Vurbahzin?! NIID!!!" The Dragon roared in disdained agony. It died pretty simply after that. Then it began to glow with a purple and orange sort of light, and I suddenly felt a rather warm sensation running through my body, as if melding into my soul.

"By the Eight, you're GLOWING!" shouted a guard. The sensation stopped, and I felt something... new. An urge to shout some random mumbo jumbo. "FUS!"

Great. In another dimension, unimaginative people on something called the Internet will make something called a meme after that. And possibly a few other poorly chosen quotes from this world. Whatever.

After that, I ran back to Balgruuf in his palace, and told him the Dragon was dead, and I absorbed a power from it. However, before I was done, there was an earthquake, and there was something like a chorus of four voices saying... something like 'dovahkiin', but I couldn't be sure. Balgruuf said it was a summon from the Greybeards, calling me to teach me. Because apparently, I'm Dragonborn. How fortunate.

Unfortunately, though, to get to the Greybeards, I'd have to climb up half of High Hrothgar, the tallest mountain in Tamriel. Ralof mentioned that, should I happen by Windhelm, he'd vouch for me as a Stormcloak... fight for Skyrim's independence, for our free worship, and for the right to murder the Thalmor on a whim. That sounds fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Ms. Pac-Man
  3. an untitled Skyrim adventure
  • Topic Archived