• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ice Hockey
  3. Saw this scorching hot take and wondered what you guys think

User Info: ktownslayer16

ktownslayer16
1 week ago#1
"Refusing to date a transgendered person make you a transphobe"

lolwut?

If a straight men doesnt want to date a 'woman' that has a c*** between her legs, that isnt transphobic in the f***ing slightest

I hate 2020. No doubt someone is going to get cancelled for saying they wouldnt date someone in that scenario. smfh.
Fire Pierre Dorion

User Info: GhostofBPJ

GhostofBPJ
1 week ago#2

I wish trans people all the best, it's gotta be difficult, but I do not agree with that sentiment.

I like me some lady bods/personality and I'm not interested dating a dude gender nor sexe.

Maybe in 20 years I'll say the above comment is bigoted but I doubt it.

Toronto Maple Leafs
I think it probably depends on how you're conveying you're not interested. Same thing as "you're racist if you refuse to date POC". Like no I'm not refusing they just aren't typically my type, or whatever.

I think if youre attracted to/interested in someone and they drop the bomb that they're trans and you recoil and act disgusted, prob gonna think you're phobic. Just don't be mean about it and your actions probably won't be construed as mean.

User Info: ktownslayer16

ktownslayer16
1 week ago#4
VinnyLecavalier posted...
I think it probably depends on how you're conveying you're not interested.

but does it though? Why do you need certain reasoning for not wanting to date someone that's the same sex?
Fire Pierre Dorion
I don't think you need certain reasoning you just need to not be s***ty about it? If somebody refused to date blondes and just said they aren't really their type it's fine and literally nobody would care. But if you're vocal about how they're disgusting and/or insult them it's an issue with the type of person and more than a dating preference.
I think the simple and safe rule - making obvious exceptions for cases of abuse or statutory situations - is to be attracted or not attracted to whoever you want, just don't be s*** to other people for who they are or aren't attracted to

To be more explicit to the topic at hand, I don't think it's transphobic to not be attracted to trans people, but I do think it's transphobic if you rib your buddy about it if he is into it. Treat it with dignity, don't make someone feel like it's something they have to hide or be ashamed of
http://i.imgur.com/9Ztq7DR.jpg
http://gfycat.com/HappyMadDwarfrabbit
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
1 week ago#7
It's just SJW nonsense.

User Info: GhostofBPJ

GhostofBPJ
1 week ago#8
I'm blanking on who it was, but there's a good standup comedian who does a segment of one of his specials, discussing how he's attracted to chicks with sticks. He's dealt with the shame of the past and he's come to terms with it, it's all good. So yeah I agree, just be respectful.

Who cares what people do, as long as it's consenting etc...
Toronto Maple Leafs

User Info: PuckPropaganda

PuckPropaganda
1 week ago#9
It's all f***ing nonsense. I don't like and wouldn't do a lot of things, doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong or that I give a s*** if others like or do those things.
The lone authoritative voice in a world of biased hockey media.
http://www.puckpropaganda.com
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Slacking

Slacking
1 week ago#10
itt: people stressing and making a big deal out of conflicts like they happen all the time irl even though they actually don't
This sig will not change until the Vancouver Canucks win the Stanley Cup
Started: 15/10/2005
  1. Boards
  2. Ice Hockey
  3. Saw this scorching hot take and wondered what you guys think
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Wat is +/-? Tech Support1 Answer