• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ice Hockey
  3. Coronavirus 4 the win.

User Info: OkayPlayer1

OkayPlayer1
1 week ago#331
I know at least 5 people that have had it, one died, they were in there 50's. Two more in hospital, one of them in ICU with a medically induced coma for 2 weeks. He had no symptoms and went to the hospital because of intense stomach pain. His white blood cells were overresponding and killing healthy cells. He is 36.
Delicinq4 posted...
still dont know anyone personally who’s had it. I do know a few people who “had” it way back in December though.

same
you dont do that, if you do that you're just some english pig with no brain

User Info: JohnMafia

JohnMafia
1 week ago#333
I've had a coworker's dad die due to complications exacerbated by it. He had other issues too, but got Covid and it made it worse. Another coworker's daughter in South Carolina currently has it, but with only mild symptoms. Nobody I personally know has it, but people I know are shut ins anyway. Specially a time like this, no one I know has any desire to go out for anything other than picking up food, walks and grocery shopping. I don't understand the people packing bars and stuff, but that doesn't appeal to me even without a pandemic, so I suppose I don't get the desire.
https://i.imgur.com/AzrOW44.gifv

User Info: ktownslayer16

ktownslayer16
1 week ago#334
lots of athletes opting out due to family situations which I've been banging the drum about all along. Curious to see which NHLers also refuse to play
Fire Pierre Dorion

User Info: GhostofBPJ

GhostofBPJ
1 week ago#335
JohnMafia posted...
I've had a coworker's dad die due to complications exacerbated by it. He had other issues too, but got Covid and it made it worse. Another coworker's daughter in South Carolina currently has it, but with only mild symptoms. Nobody I personally know has it, but people I know are shut ins anyway. Specially a time like this, no one I know has any desire to go out for anything other than picking up food, walks and grocery shopping. I don't understand the people packing bars and stuff, but that doesn't appeal to me even without a pandemic, so I suppose I don't get the desire.

JohnMafia posted...

I loved going out to the bar but after 4 months I just dont miss it that much, and I do not trust a server to maintain proper hygiene through an entire shift. If it gets busy, they'll skip washing hands etc...

Plus kitchens are super hot and if the people handling your food don't wear a mask, they're a hazard too. Sweating, shouting (creating droplets) across the line. No thanks. I've only had takeout 3 times the entire pandemic. I'm a good enough cook to get by for another 4 months.

ktownslayer16 posted...
lots of athletes opting out due to family situations which I've been banging the drum about all along. Curious to see which NHLers also refuse to play

I am childless but even I "get" it. Who wants to be away from your family for 3+ months? Imagine having kids and not being able to see them for that long. Awful. And having busy little kids, but confining them to a new location that isn't home... Sounds like a nightmare. I won't blame any athlete, and frankly I think they just cancel regardless.

Is it fair if a team's star player isn't allowed to play because he tests positive? Do they pause the whole series? Do they pause all series?

I hate to say it but just give the Cup to the Presidents trophy winner. They're the best team this year. Start over in October, if they can.
Toronto Maple Leafs

User Info: ktownslayer16

ktownslayer16
1 week ago#336
A guy like John Tavares just had his first child a couple months ago didnt he? How's he going to feel about leaving his son for awhile? The whole thing is a f***ing mess. What about players that have pregnant wives and other kids at home?
Fire Pierre Dorion

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
1 week ago#337
ktownslayer16 posted...

Hopefully most players withdraw but the Leafs have a full roster. Can you imagine the absolute butt devastation from everyone else when they win the Cup?

User Info: HeeathLivesOn

HeeathLivesOn
1 week ago#338
They'd still find a way to lose and probably in the first round
'Just sitting around the house tonight w my dog. Felt like I should be doing something important, but couldn't put my finger on it.' - Phil Kessel on USA snub

User Info: GhostofBPJ

GhostofBPJ
1 week ago#339
HeeathLivesOn posted...
They'd still find a way to lose and probably in the first round

Toronto Maple Lafrenieres
Toronto Maple Leafs

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
1 week ago#340
GhostofBPJ posted...
Toronto Maple Lafrenieres

All part of the plan. Leafs picking ahead of both of Ottawa's picks this year would be epic!
  1. Boards
  2. Ice Hockey
  3. Coronavirus 4 the win.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Wat is +/-? Tech Support1 Answer