• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Breakdown
  3. Your Favorite Moves?

User Info: obersmith

obersmith
7 years ago#1
This was my favorite game of the summer of 2004. To this day, I am still astounded to the amount of melee attacks Derrick can do. I still remember the joy I felt discovering the moves Derrick can do while holding a weapon. Please refer to the Move List FAQ (to which I contributed to) on the specifics.

Stomach Kick (can be delayed for more power)
Lock on to an enemy and Back+LT
This is the only attack in the game that can be done while guarding. If a T'lon attacks you while performing the move, Derrick will cancel the move into blocking stance. I love using this move against soldiers after I get the guard upgrade.

Pistol Smash. (can be delayed for more power)
Press toward your opponent + RT. You can kill Nexus easily after Boosting by using the move on him twice.

Can only be done while holding a gun. I love punishing enemies with this move as they get up. I like using the combo too (RT,LT,RT). It seems to take out the heavy T'lan with ease. I also like to give 'em a boot the head via a High Kick.

Delaying the slide attack combos to ensure both moves connect.

Left Hook to Left Back fist (while holding pistol or SMG).
Left +LT, Left +LT. I simple combo that knocks down your opponent.

Quintuple Backfist to Hammerfist combo
The longest combo in the game. Knocks away opponent.
"How to Sell a Soundtrack: First, Ignore the Movie" -Newsweek headline

User Info: Dark7Knights1

Dark7Knights1
7 years ago#2
I don't remember the exact button combinations, but I liked using:

Right uppercut to left elbow, then finished with a jumping uppercut.

and

Left punch, right jab, left jab, and T'langen punch.
Makes sense to me...

User Info: obersmith

obersmith
7 years ago#3
Right uppercut to left elbow, then finished with a jumping uppercut.

and

Left punch, right jab, left jab, and T'langen punch.

The jumping uppercut is one of those high risk high reward moves, like the High Kick and Neck snap. You miss with that uppercut and you're in for a world of hurt. A lesson I learned the hard way.

I can only imagine how tough this game would be if the T'lan could counter attack and throw.
"How to Sell a Soundtrack: First, Ignore the Movie" -Newsweek headline
  1. Boards
  2. Breakdown
  3. Your Favorite Moves?
  • Topic Archived