• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. This game is god damn difficult so far.

User Info: LatinFlute

LatinFlute
4 years ago#1
Finally made it to The Veldt, and quite honestly there have been too many close for comfort moments! I'm managing though.

I haven't noticed any huge changes yet (outside of skills and gameplay of course which are dramatically different and more challenging than I remember), at least aside from some dialogue changes (fixes is more like it), however i'm still pretty early on into the game, and while this game is definitely a gem from my youth passed, my memory is garbage, so I can only compare so much.

I am having lots of fun though! I want to grind out some rages, but I'm not sure which ones to get. Frankly when I beat the game as a child I just grinded a lot and tried to overpower everything. I'm not the biggest strategist, but i'm focusing on that this time around and it's adding an extra element of fear in my gameplay. Like seriously, some enemies will herp and derp their way around, and then suddenly they have a skill that just obliterates one of my guys, and it's like wtf.

I should read through the readme again.
but I really miss helping grandma pulling up her underwear. ~ luc good

LatinFlute
4 years ago#2
Also how the hell do you run from battle? I thought you just hold the L and R buttons

User Info: BTB

BTB
4 years ago#3
Running from battle is still the same: hold L and R. If that's not working for you, I would suggest checking your controller inputs.

and not noticing any changes if you haven't played the game in ages is probably a good thing. We tried to avoid the "obvious fan translation" feeling... except in the places where we clearly didn't >.>
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

LatinFlute
4 years ago#4
Oh s***, then there's something up with my controller then. I'm starting to realize that the Xbox controller, while very comfortable, is very bad when it comes to replaying SNES games, mainly because the D-pad is so bad. I guess I'll have to change the L and R buttons to the bumper buttons and see what happens, less I dig out my old PS2 controller and USB adapter.

LatinFlute
4 years ago#5
I am loving the translation so far though! It feels natural and nothing really stands out in exactly the way you described! That's what annoys me the most about some fan-translations of anything because they take absolute liberties and turn it into a swear fest (i've seen some bad anime fansubs before).

BTB
4 years ago#6
There was... quite a bit of swearing in early versions. We toned it down back in 1.3 once we realized just how f***ing much of it there was (which is also when we added the Clean New World patch).

Oh, and as far as rages go, there are 20 available initially (19 if you don't find the Stray Cat formation), so you should be able to pick up most of them pretty quick.

LatinFlute
4 years ago#7
Damn I'm still missing two! I got stray cat though so i'm not sure which 2 I missed D:

Kicking ass so far though!

User Info: messhia_dark

messhia_dark
4 years ago#8
ikr
http://tinyurl.com/MDSmashVids <-Smash Bros Competitive Channel
Rountable Crew

LatinFlute
4 years ago#9
Oh god, I forgot how some parts of the game went and I just managed to do basically the opera house all the way through the magitek factory with like the worst team! I had Sabin, Locke, Gau, and Celes. I chose that team because I figured it'd be the perfect time to level them.

BAD IDEA

Some of the stuff went well, but the weaknesses really started to shine right at the beginning of the Magitek factory, and I was low on dried meat and phoenix downs and had to abuse save states, ESPECIALLY with what's his face, 024? Oh god; I had to regear my team several times and even grind out a level or two just to manage. Eventually I had to cheese it with Sabin with life bell and ribbon and hope that I could get Locke and Celes to keep Gau alive too with his repo man rage. I got SUPER lucky also when 024 switched to a holy-weak whatever, and a couple blasts of Aurabolt just obliterated him at the end. Sabin is my boy, he's my survivor, but only if he's not getting completely laid into, oy... I'm trying to figure out how I want to level my team now.

BTB
4 years ago#10
Cyan/Gau is still probably the least optimal team for that part, but any team will do pretty well. Any team with Gau in it, really, hinges on how well you utilize his abilities.

What was giving you trouble with 24? Were you getting pounded or just having a hard time out-damaging his regen?
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. This game is god damn difficult so far.
  • Topic Archived