• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. FF6 - Brave New World discussion

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
4 years ago#401
I was rereading the unlockme the other day, and a few things jumped out at me. Note that this is just FYI, not "mah game is broke fix it NA0".

First, "Dancho". Is that really his name, or his title (dancho/danchou = leader of a group or party)? In any case, I doubt the FakeMustache item was named after him in particular and after a generic dancho. I imagine it looks like the rich, luxuriant ones the pompous, important people stereotypically wear, of which a dancho is a good example.

"Kite" is generally never used on its own, and is generally either prepended to "shield", or dropped entirely. Of course, changing it isn't really possible due to stupid space restrictions, unless we changed the entire names of the affected items altogether.

A bolo is not a sword, but a knife (think machete). There are several types, though, the largest of which can be used as a short sword.

User Info: BTB

BTB
4 years ago#402
Dancho his is real name, yes.

"Kite" has bothered me since day one, but I've yet to come up with a better alternative (although "Band" has crossed my mind a few times).

And yeah, a bolo is just a crude machete. Perfect for the game's cheapest, least effective weapon.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. FF6 - Brave New World discussion
  • Topic Archived