• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. FF6 - Brave New World discussion

User Info: BTB

BTB
5 years ago#11
Anyhow, since Odin is no longer a thing, can I get you to point the Defibrillator and Mana Battery to spell indexes 154 and 155, respectively? This has all of our special redirected effects grouped together now.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
5 years ago#12
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention I did that too.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

BTB
5 years ago#13
Ok, well I'm done screwing with the ROM if you want me to send it to you.

Averlus
5 years ago#14
Sure.

At this point I don't know how much more I'll get done before going back on shift, but I don't think it should take me too long to finish what I need to finish.

BTB
5 years ago#15
Yeah, I made that post under the assumption that it would take me awhile longer to finish up with my documentation, but I got it all taken care of and just sent you the whole package.

I did add the Remedy thing to the KI section, so go ahead and edit that out if you do fix it.

(Oh, yeah, and the release date in the version history is a guesstimate. Edit that as needed, as well.)

BTB
5 years ago#16
So, apparently Dried Meats are restoring 110 HP when used as an item in battle >.>

Averlus
5 years ago#17
1. Dmg = Dmg * (Lv + Stam)
2. Dmg = Dmg * ((HP / 256) + 1) / ((MaxHP / 256) + 1)
3. Dmg = (Dmg / 128) + 1
4. Dmg = Dmg (Stam * 4)

That last step doesn't seem right. >_>

BTB
5 years ago#18
I *really* wanted to buff the Atma Weapon :P

Averlus
5 years ago#19
So anyway, here's an idea I had about the Remedy thing.

Release 1.4.5 as normal, and make a beta version of 1.4.6 available in a separate archive. 1.4.6_beta will include my mostly-untested Remedy fix and anything else we may want to include. My reasoning for this is twofold:

1. The fix I have in mind involves modifying the core of the damage formulas. The potential ramifications of this are not something that can be easily tested in a few save stated battles. Even a full run through the game has the potential to miss several attacks that may be affected. By freeing it up for would-be beta testers, it's far more likely everything that could potentially go wrong with the modification gets tested.
2. It allows me to be lazy. This is clearly the most attractive reason for me.

Another option is just to limit it to a few hand-picked beta testers, though this will obviously impact reason #1 above.

BTB
5 years ago#20
I like the alternative option of just putting out 1.4.5 as-is and then asking someone who wants to beta test to give the Remedy fix a whirl. It's a really minor fix that I'm not at all concerned with, so even then I'd probably wait until we had a bigger fix we wanted to push out.

Speaking of minor fixes... I imagine that Dried Meat thing is probably tied to the Mana Battery effect.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. FF6 - Brave New World discussion
  • Topic Archived