• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
5 years ago#491
All right, so with regards to the remedy bug that e-mailer found...

It doesn't restore the target to full, but rather spells cast from the menu don't execute the code that runs my stamina check, so it uses the caster's magic power; I imagine there was probably a pretty significant difference between his Celes' stamina and magic power, which is why it was a full heal and he didn't see the same behavior in combat.

The trouble is fixing it. Doing so would involve modifying both damage formulas, which I don't really like to do since they're both really sensitive to the smallest changes. I don't really consider this a high priority bug, so if my initial attempts to fix it don't work, I'd rather put it off for a later version rather than delay 1.4.5 further.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

User Info: BTB

BTB
5 years ago#492
Ah, ok... that makes sense.

And yeah, I wouldn't exactly call it a high priority. Just let me know whether to list is as a 1.4.5 fix or a KI.

Oh, and I guess I'll remind you that you wanted to check on that dialogue conditional for Locke.

Aside from that, my only other main concern is that evasion issue I mentioned above. It could very well be that I'm misinterpreting how the evasion formula works, in which case I'd need to change weapon hitrates across the boar in order for them to match my intended functionality (i.e. weapon hitrates are effectively 100 minus enemy evasion).
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

Averlus
5 years ago#493
Yeah, I still have that sticky note. >_> I'll probably see how much I can get done tonight, since I have a game coming in tomorrow and I don't really want to start playing anything else until then.

BTB
5 years ago#494
'eh, take your time. I'm going back based on something Funnyman said and reworking (most of) the offensive esper summons to be effective boss nukes by doubling their power and putting back in the damage split. I also realized that Fenrir is a bit OP after watching Nakar spam the ever-loving hell out of it, so I'm going to move the full-party regen to a less-appreciated esper.

(Also ninja'd the above post)

Averlus
5 years ago#495
No clue on that. I've not done any work with the hit calculations, and tracing shows that it's all working normally. It's difficult to troubleshoot without being able to duplicate it, and since it's a random event, it's not something I can reliably duplicate. So unless Nakar has a save state from right before he initiated the Chadarnook encounter, there's not much I can do.

BTB
5 years ago#496
So, you can pound on an enemy with no evasion all day and never miss, then? I wonder if it has anything to do with dual-wielding.

Averlus
5 years ago#497
I didn't pound on anything for all that long. I only did it long enough to trace the hit determination a few times to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary.

I may mess with it later, but really, it's not that big of a deal to me. The both of us have played through the hack a handful of times and never noticed anything, so despite Nakar's crappy luck with the RNG, I don't think it's a big issue.

BTB
5 years ago#498
Well, it's more an issue that missing shouldn't even be *possible* against enemies with no evasion, not just a bad RNG roll, which leads me to think there's something I'd need to change.

And I saw him whiff quite a few times in that fight, too.

Averlus
5 years ago#499
It's probably some functionality somewhere that allows all attacks without a perfect hit rate a slim chance to miss. That he missed a number of times is what I was referring to as crappy luck with the RNG and indicative of nothing besides a sample size bias.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!
  • Topic Archived