• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
5 years ago#481
Either way.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

User Info: BTB

BTB
5 years ago#482
I'm thinking boss flag, just to keep it simple.

If you need to hijack a spell slot, use 154 and move the Defibrillator and Mana Battery to 155 and 156. If not, then just move the Defibrillator and Mana Battery to 154 and 155, as I'm trying to group all of the repointed special effects we've created together.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

BTB
5 years ago#483
Also, for the guard, can I request that you call caption 1653, and THEN 1654 if Edgar is in your party (and the event bit is not yet set) immediately afterward rather than having it just call 1654? Like what happens with the woman in the bedroom who's bad-mouthing Edgar and is all like, "oh, hi Edgar >.>" if he's with you.

BTB
5 years ago#484
Anyhow, the writing's done. Was able to free up quite a bit of space just by removing a bunch of unnecessary speaker identifiers when random NPCs (mostly guards and soldiers) were talking; I only keep them in when there's a dialogue between an NPC and a named character.

Also, caption 2435 is the Herbalist at Kohlingen, no? I'm pretty sure it is, but I wanted to be sure since he's not ID'ed there for some reason.

(EDIT: or is it 2439? Or are both him?)

Averlus
5 years ago#485
2435 is the kooky old man, yeah. I have no idea who says 2439 (he doesn't appear to be in Kohlingen, but I'm not sure where else he could be), but it doesn't appear to be the same guy.

So I was seeking around that video Nakar posted and noticed that his Edgar was airborne when the Zone Eater engulfed the party. It made me wonder if there was a way you could modify his battle script so once he hits the necessary HP threshold, every turn he takes afterward is Engulf just to prevent that awkward situation.

BTB
5 years ago#486
Averlus posted...
So I was seeking around that video Nakar posted and noticed that his Edgar was airborne when the Zone Eater engulfed the party. It made me wonder if there was a way you could modify his battle script so once he hits the necessary HP threshold, every turn he takes afterward is Engulf just to prevent that awkward situation.

Yeah, that should be easy enough.

BTB
5 years ago#487
Something else I noticed is that his Sabin was missing attacks against Chadarnook... despite the fact that Chadarnook has 0 physical evasion. I'm not quite sure how this is happening.

BTB
5 years ago#488
Ok, well I've got all of my edits done save one - I'll just need to know whether or not to create a new spell for the alternate Odin summon and then i can send you the updated ROM/documentation.

Regarding the Odin summon, do you want to give the attack power or just have it do set damage? 9,999 honestly doesn't seem all that excessive given how slow Strago is and that he can only use it once per fight.

User Info: Goombacrusher

Goombacrusher
5 years ago#489
OH GODAMMIT I COULD'VE USED SLOW ON ATMA? SON OF A *************************

I literally would've steamrolled him if I knew this would work -_-
Is it at all possible for you to hack in some more visual feedback when a boss has a status effect?
kawaii!

Averlus
5 years ago#490
As much as we'd like to, that sort of thing is a quite a ways above my skill in ASM hacking.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!
  • Topic Archived