• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!

User Info: BTB

BTB
5 years ago#451
Hmm...

When you put it that way, I'm rather inclined to agree. I think I'm operating from the base assumption that Relm's sketched physicals still kind of suck and part of me is just trying to shore that up. The problem is that I don't have much data outside of my own (admittedly limited) personal experiences to say for sure exactly if they need buffing. So, yeah, I'll say to go ahead and leave it alone.

(I'm assuming you saw Nakar's post-game writeup on his stamina Relm, too?)
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
5 years ago#452
Yeah, that's partially what I was basing my reasoning on.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

User Info: AssdamnGomaOrak

AssdamnGomaOrak
5 years ago#453
Holy crap you made Atma Weapon ridiculous. My team was Celes, Sabin, Cyan, and Shadow. I had trouble at first but after a bit I got into a consistent stride with Celes providing consistent healing and buffs, Sabin and Cyan providing huge damage output to outpace his healing, and Shadow helping with buffs and throwing stuff every now and then. I thought it was going great and that the fight was mine. Then he cast Flare Star and...

It was a massacre. I burned through all my phoenix downs, all my phoenix tears, all my X-potions, my characters were constantly being killed, put to sleep, stoned, imp'd, killed right after being revived, etc. The sheer onslaught he lays onto you in the second phase is just absurd.

I'm gonna need to rethink my party and run through the Floating Continent again. I am just in awe at how quickly that fight went south for me
kawaii!

BTB
5 years ago#454
Yeah, the first phase is really just a warm-up.

What levels are you at?

AssdamnGomaOrak
5 years ago#455
BTB posted...
Yeah, the first phase is really just a warm-up.

What levels are you at?

My team was in the 21-24 range.
kawaii!

AssdamnGomaOrak
5 years ago#456
Alright, beat Atma on my second try! Team was Terra, Cyan, Celes, and Shadow. Terra's extra healing let Celes focus on casting Ice 2, Cyan spammed Bushido, and Shadow, Terra, and Celes together made keeping buffs up easy. The fight took almost a half hour though and I used like half my Tinctures, but it was intense the whole way through and so satisfying to win. Onto the World of Ruin!
kawaii!

BTB
5 years ago#457
Terra and Celes together in the same team outside of the Fanatics Tower doesn't seem to happen much. Was your Celes not as good at healing as Terra ended up being?

AssdamnGomaOrak
5 years ago#458
BTB posted...
Terra and Celes together in the same team outside of the Fanatics Tower doesn't seem to happen much. Was your Celes not as good at healing as Terra ended up being?

Celes was not as good as Terra at healing thanks in part to her not having Cure2 (and I might've built her stats a bit weird, I'm no good at munchkining) and besides that Ice2 was so useful for damaging Atma I decided it needed to be her primary focus. My initial plan with Terra was to see if Poison could help alleviate the tension from Atma's Regen but when that didn't work I shifted her to primarily healing and helping with stat buffs. She also had shell which helped keep Shadow from dying constantly from Atma's magic and could recast Float on the whole party if Shadow didn't have a turn soon enough, since having to deal with Quake would've just been too much on top of everything else. Cyan's Bushido attacks combined with Celes casting Ice2 gave me consistent, high damage output which was important in the second phase when I'd need to dedicate whole turns to recovering from Mind Blast if the RNG worked against me and Atma would use that time to heal. If Terra ever had trouble healing the whole party herself, Shadow could throw some items to keep everyone alive.

Do you have any plans to change the in-battle cutscene with Celes during the escape sequence? If there's one really big complaint I have so far it's that scene. It came across as really poorly-written and forced. I get why the event had to be done, but I think it could be done a lot of other ways that wouldn't feel so out of place.
kawaii!

BTB
5 years ago#459
AssdamnGomaOrak posted...
Celes was not as good as Terra at healing thanks in part to her not having Cure2 (and I might've built her stats a bit weird, I'm no good at munchkining)

Sounds like you missed Seraph.

Do you have any plans to change the in-battle cutscene with Celes during the escape sequence? If there's one really big complaint I have so far it's that scene. It came across as really poorly-written and forced. I get why the event had to be done, but I think it could be done a lot of other ways that wouldn't feel so out of place.

Yeah, I really think that scene came out crappy, too.

I'll probably go back and fix it eventually.

AssdamnGomaOrak
5 years ago#460
BTB posted...
Celes was not as good as Terra at healing thanks in part to her not having Cure2 (and I might've built her stats a bit weird, I'm no good at munchkining)

Sounds like you missed Seraph.

...Oh goddammit. I knew I'd end up missing something.

Ah well, too late now. It can still be picked up in WoR right?
kawaii!
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!
  • Topic Archived