• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
5 years ago#41
I finally beat him. Your advice helped a lot, cause I was convinced Shell was actually doing something.

User Info: BTB

BTB
5 years ago#42
Yeah, that team shouldn't have too much trouble, since you've got someone dealing solid damage along with two Remedy casters (who can also deal solid damage).

Was your Terra morphed out for the battle?
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

Super Slash
5 years ago#43
Yeah. It seems she took the same damage regardless if she was morphed or not, so I really had no reason not to use it.

BTB
5 years ago#44
Hmm... I just realized that barrier-piercing damage won't do any extra damage to a morphed Terra for the same reason that barrier-piercing damage isn't boosted by her morph stance.

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
5 years ago#45
So this is where you guys disappeared to. I just thought about that the old topic purged (I had it tracked, and only visit from there), so I came here to see what happened. Would've been nice to have had a heads-up in the old topic, though.
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

Super Slash
5 years ago#46
I've decided that I actually do want the password. I lost any instance of the beta other than the ROM itself, so getting the password from that isn't an option. Could you post it in spoilers or PM it to me?

BTB
5 years ago#47
Done

User Info: Squid7777

Squid7777
5 years ago#48
Just a small piece of input from someone who is playing the clean version. In Owzer's house when you check the painting of the lamps, it says "Nice lamps, baby." I would consider this sexual innuendo.
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida

BTB
5 years ago#49
Oh, yeah, that's definitely sexual innuendo.

Thanks for reminding me because, well, it's hard to do a find-and-replace job for lines like that.

User Info: Squid7777

Squid7777
5 years ago#50
No prob, I'm just glad to help.

I'm really enjoying my 2nd playthrough. Doing minimal grinding. My strategy for the Narshe battle was to make Terra a team on her own and have her relax next to Banon. Then have Cyan and Gau guard one choke point and Sabin, Edgar, Locke, and Celes guard the other choke point. Cyan used Dispatch for human targets and Gau used Antlion to stop or insta-kill. The 4-person party was the one I used to take out Kefka and his rider guard. The Kefka battle didn't last long because he ran after Locke stole from him...? Weird, but whatevs, I was gonna kick his butt anyway with that party.

Took Locke, Shadow, Gau, and Edgar through Zozo. Locke and Shadow are kicking butt with their Switchblades, Butterflies, and Kodachi. Switchblades for random steals, Butterflies for 2x human damage, and Kodachi for Wind Slash. Gau using Leafer for Wind Slash and Edgar for Bio Blaster was helpful too, especially against Repo Men when they used Vanish.

Speaking of which I had Gau Rage Repo Man against Dadaluma, and although it took awhile, he eventually Vanished my whole party, making me almost invincible (he had one attack that could hit but he rarely used it). I got into a drawn out cycle of Shadow and Locke attacking, Gau using Step Mine, Edgar using Bio Blaster, Dadaluma eventually using Slim Jim and jumping to regain some health, lather, rinse, repeat. Took me a few minutes to see that I had to time my attacks better so none were wasted on trying to hit a target that was in the air. After a few rounds of better timing he went down.
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!
  • Topic Archived