• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!

User Info: BTB

BTB
5 years ago#31
Just something I've been wondering... did that 3/16 battle formation odds hack get overwritten somehow, or has the RNG just been really weird lately? It seems like all of the formations I have in the 1/16 odds slot still only have that chance of appearing.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

User Info: Frogles

Frogles
5 years ago#32
are slots still rigged or is my game bugged? i couldnt match anything with timing or save states.
Ahem...there's SAND on my boots! -Kefka
Pokemon X/Y FC: 5241-2018-0437

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
5 years ago#33
BTB posted...
Just something I've been wondering... did that 3/16 battle formation odds hack get overwritten somehow, or has the RNG just been really weird lately? It seems like all of the formations I have in the 1/16 odds slot still only have that chance of appearing.

None of the patches conflict with one another, so it's still in there.

Frogles posted...
are slots still rigged or is my game bugged? i couldnt match anything with timing or save states.

Slots are still rigged since we found completely de-rigging them made it exceptionally difficult to nail anything while playing casually, while those that were any good with them could regularly hit Joker Doom.

The only thing we did to them is remove one of the possible outcomes (Bahamut) and alter the odds on each symbol so they all have the same probability of being rolled. The latter change means that the only thing making one outcome more likely than another is how many times its requisite symbol appears on each reel.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
5 years ago#34
I'm back to Atma Weapon again. I had forgotten how hard he was... I still think he has too much HP personally. I must be underleveled because beating him at this point is basically impossible.

Also, what's the pass for the unlockme? Why's there a password, anyway?

Super Slash
5 years ago#35
My god, this boss... I have no words. I can't beat him, it doesn't matter what I try. Buffing your party does no good because he just Purges it. No one except Terra, and if I'm lucky, one other person survives Flare Star. Then he just goes crazy and I'm dead in seconds. I don't get this. ;_;

Also, Shadow's useless so I don't bother reviving him. I'm essentially only fighting with three characters.

BTB
5 years ago#36
Super Slash posted...
Why's there a password, anyway?

Because you're not supposed to see it until you beat the game.

Super Slash posted...
My god, this boss... I have no words. I can't beat him, it doesn't matter what I try. Buffing your party does no good because he just Purges it. No one except Terra, and if I'm lucky, one other person survives Flare Star. Then he just goes crazy and I'm dead in seconds. I don't get this. ;_;

Also, Shadow's useless so I don't bother reviving him. I'm essentially only fighting with three characters.

Judging from what you've told me, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and guess your Terra is rather highly leveled and is spamming Fire 3 on Atma Weapon.

Super Slash
5 years ago#37
I think I'm just underprepared. I got frustrated and didn't think properly. I still haven't beaten him though. I'm only in my early 20s, I'm not that high. >_>

Also in that case, I'll get the password fair and square.

BTB
5 years ago#38
Super Slash posted...
I think I'm just underprepared. I got frustrated and didn't think properly. I still haven't beaten him though. I'm only in my early 20s, I'm not that high. >_>

Also in that case, I'll get the password fair and square.

Well, our beta testers sort of already had the password, but okay >.>

As for Flare Star, it randomly picks one of your d00ds and will deal damage based on their level. If you've got one or two characters at a much higher level than the others, this can cause problems. Also, who all's in your party?

Super Slash
5 years ago#39
That was over a year ago man (since I last played it). I don't remember it. =P

I can survive Flare Star as long as I'm at full HP (Shadow can't, though). My party is Terra, Celes, Cyan, Shadow. Shadow is basically just an item-chucker. I bought three Wall Rings, which helps a lot. The problem now is Mind Blast. Terra has a Ribbon equipped, but she's slow, so I'm tempted to give her Sprint Shoes instead and give the ribbon to Celes.

BTB
5 years ago#40
Wall Rings are a poor choice, since most of Atma Weapon's magical attacks are barrier-piercing. Status-blocking relics (Spirit Ring, Amulet, White Cape) will likely serve you much better. An Amulet on Cyan, in particular, along with a Stat Stick or something will also boost his Dragon damage rather appreciably.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. Version 1.3.0 is now available!
  • Topic Archived