• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. You attacked the shell, didn't you?

User Info: Averlus

Averlus
5 years ago#491
We could, but one of the people that wanted a clean script also requested re-censoring the graphics.

More importantly, I refuse to be defeated.
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

User Info: BTB

BTB
5 years ago#492
It doesn't seem like it would be very hard... just take a vanilla ROM, apply the uncensored graphics patch, and then use a copy of vanilla ROM to create a patch off of the result.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

Averlus
5 years ago#493
Yeah, hence "complications."

Averlus
5 years ago#494
I think I've got it figured out.

By the way, I've scrapped the idea to include a patch to add a header to the player's ROM. The reason being that such a patch is close to 3MB, which is just unnecessary. Instead, I'll just create headered and non-headered versions as before.

BTB
5 years ago#495
3MB just to add a header? WTF? o.O

Averlus
5 years ago#496
Well, it's basically rebuilding the whole ROM. IPS files can't tell a patcher to just add 512 bytes of nothing to the start of a file; rather, it tells the patcher what it should change in the target file, byte by byte.

I also changed the way the version is displayed in the config menu. Since there are only six character spaces available, I had to drop the v at the start.

The base hack will display 1.3.0
The clean patch will display 1.3.0c

Fortunately, as long as none of the cleaned up lines get changed, I shouldn't ever need to touch the clean patches.

BTB
5 years ago#497
Sounds good. I'll edit the Readme and then release the update when you send it my way.

Averlus
5 years ago#498
I can't seem to send e-mails right now, so I just PMed you a link to the patch archive.

BTB
5 years ago#499
Works for me. Will put them up on my site momentarily.

User Info: Squid7777

Squid7777
5 years ago#500
I appreciate the work you guys are putting in to make a clean version. That shows above-and-beyond dedication to your work and your "fanbase." : D
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida
  1. Boards
  2. TuxPuck
  3. You attacked the shell, didn't you?
  • Topic Archived